Cursed Doom Images

On 6/28/2023 at 5:08 AM, Project H said:

from the banana factory accident wad, i thought i was going to get fucked in the ass

Screenshot_Doom_20230627_160202.png.263d2eeabee1e54cf2ba1eb0f57aad4c.png

When you see this guys face even from a little far, you know it's already over. The end of the world!

2 hours ago, thecringefactor said:

I entered this thread coincidentally solely to post this.

sorry, no cacohouse, but here’s a little snack to hold you over

IMG_7752.jpg

Cacognese.

20 minutes ago, amnion said:

image.png.a8f9ca3d3dd2eaca5d2db293d383b13e.png

Do plasma circuits work?

8 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

I highly doubt she even knows what Quake 1 is. But i will admit: I thought of the same thing

what about the epiphone quake meme?

On 5/17/2023 at 6:30 AM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Well, he's certainly wider.

<wideboi images here>

Eddy! You're tall!

Okay I know this post is like 2 months old but I have to talk about it.

So I've actually been playing this wad (at a very slow pace because the last month and a half has been really hectic for me) and it was an emotional experience.

Maybe I'm being dumb for getting so emotional over what's essentially Doom 2 with the sectors stretched and the monsters multiplied. Maybe I'm reading too deep into it. To me playing this made me feel like I was playing Doom 2 again for the, maybe not first but 2nd time. t somehow captured the experience of being a complete Doom noob again.

When I was still completely new to Doom, the Doom 2 maps seemed so huge. A monster closet with like 8-12 monsters in it seemed like a hoard or a small army. I didn't know how to properly fight Pain Elementals so I BFG. I didn't know just how many monsters a well-placed BFG shot can take down so I would panic fire when ever it felt like "WTF!? This room is filled to the brim with a massive army of demons" when in reality it was probably just like 15-20 demons in a room. I was bad with ammo conservation so even though I would play Continuous my very first time playing UV, I would quickly run low on ammo. When you I would have to do some basic-ass platforming which seems easy now but at that time it felt like jumping through big gaps. Hell I didn't even have the "Always run" turned on because I was a Doom noob kid. I would take a lot of damage because I didn't quite figure out how to dodge everything properly and thus be scrambling for health.

Now I'm older, more experienced. I know how many shots from the SSG a demon can take, how many imps I can kill in one shot. Thus I'm now more efficient with my shots and I almost always have a surplus of ammo. I have always run on and now and can even do some basic Strafe-Running jumps so Vanilla Doom 2's platforming is nothing. Monster groups now feel much smaller because where kid me panicked and went' What the- HOW MANY DEMONS ARE THERE!?" when he saw a small group of demons, I now see small splattering of monsters. "Oh It's just 5 zombiemen and a shotgun guy.". I now know how to dodge monster attacks so I take a lot less damage and thus I don't need desperately search the map to find health.

This wad made me re-experience the feelings of Kid me going through Doom 2. Everything 2x bigger so now the levels seem as big as they did when I was a kid. The gaps which were ones child's play require some effort to jump. Where there would normally be 1 monster, there is 4. Suddenly the small 12 monster group that kid me thought was a hoard... is now an actual hoard with 48 monsters. Where kid me would bust out the BFG whenever he saw a Pain Elemental, this wad made me do the same because there's now 4 PEs. And because of such huge monster numbers, you take more damage. You use up more ammo. While the ammo and health and powerups have also been multiplied, you maximums have not. Thus you won't truly bone yourself with there being no more ammo but against larger groups, you will blow through your ammo and health reserves and have to desperately scramble to find where you left the health and ammo. High-tier monsters feel scary again; groups feel like armies again; ambushes feel endless again.

This wad made me feel how Kid Zulk felt playing Doom 2 for the very 2nd time.

It might be a shitpost map but I recommend everyone play it. I should note that this requires a sourceport that:

• Removes monster limits: Thing count for every level has literally quadrupled so I think a limit removing sourceport is needed.
  • Removes the Lost Soul Limit: Will make PEs very harmless.
  • Allows Jumping: Because of how the map has been made bigger, I some required platforming seemed to me to be straight up impossible unless you can Jump. Just don't use jump to sequence break and only use it for those otherwise impossible platforming sections.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:55 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

64eosVA.png

Not just the titlescreen, but playing this is utterly cursed in and of itself. People ought to play this heap of shit at least once. It's an experience for sure.

Corruption Cards + Heretic.wad make a weird concotion resulting this.

photo_2023-07-21_14-38-18.jpg

Edited by endoomer

On 7/20/2023 at 5:32 PM, thecringefactor said:

IMG_7974.png

From the Doomguy’s Funny Pet mod and the boykisser mod

I’m sorry

in jail for boykissing crimes

image.png.5fb6cc5c6c502eaf6ecc139cd1ae2644.png

Brrrrr Skibidi bop bop bop yes yes, Skibidi dobuli ni ni, Skibidi bop bop bop yes yes, Skibidi dobuli ni ni

(credits to Las Rojas for the Duke3D toilet from R667)

A two-eyed cacodemon does make a lot more sense. One-eyed predators have little sense of depth, and since the cacodemon fires projectiles, judging distance is rather important. Could be why it never leads the shots...

18 hours ago, Craneo said:

image.png.5fb6cc5c6c502eaf6ecc139cd1ae2644.png

Brrrrr Skibidi bop bop bop yes yes, Skibidi dobuli ni ni, Skibidi bop bop bop yes yes, Skibidi dobuli ni ni

(credits to Las Rojas for the Duke3D toilet from R667)

No.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, Tristan said:

On 3/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, Roofi said:

On 4/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, The Nate said:

What the shotgun actually looks like to me:

1099272190_flatend.png.1a0b4b2a84194ea02dbd81ead99b2635.png

Edited by DooTSlayer