LargE Single Map [BOOM compatible]

This is a somewhat large map. It takes around 30 minutes to complete. It's fairly non-linear, so you don't have to pick up all the keys. There are different skill levels but they mostly change the amount of ammo and health. The map uses custom transmaps and colormaps, so it's best played in a port that supports these, like eternity or prboom+, but it's not required. There are some slight dehacked edits, beware.

The sky texture belongs to Fuzzball.
Tested in prboom+, eternity and zdoom.

rooms.zip

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

why the fast monsters?

Only pinkies are. I think it makes them more usable because they're a much higher priority target now.

Edited by Kore

17 hours ago, Kore said:

Only pinkies are. I think it makes them more usable because they're a much higher priority target now.

i have mixed feelings about this map,  i think it was really well done and conceived, it's hard in a strange way. The fact that it is non linear and that there is no safe spot at all makes it slightly confusing, cause there are tons of different species all in the same places so it is hard to understand how to give priority. sometimes i felt like it was well conceived, sometime instead i felt like there was too much of it and not very well thought, i will play it again and record it so that i can give a proper feedback, cause i can't remember every situation (it is indeed a large map, at least in terms of stuff to do). Overall i liked it, but having a fast pinky right at the start with an invisibilty already startled me^^

• 6 months later...

I noticed that a sector got untagged somehow. It's a bit harder to backtrack without it. Here's a fixed version

rooms.zip

Edited by Kore