DOOM Unity port WAD Suggestion thread

Chip

On 5/17/2022 at 12:17 AM, ZeroTheEro said:

You can try it by yourself now and see what breaks.

You would have to merge TNT and Revilution into one wad, as the Unity port doesn't have iwads in the traditional sense. Pretty much all Final Doom IWAD mapsets are 'incompatible' as a result, but may work with a lot of wad surgery. And after all that, it may still not run, Plutonia 2 didnt!

3 hours ago, Garlichead said:

What about Stickney Installation?

Full UD pwad, released this year and on a similar style than Deathless.

It would be nice to see another Doom 1 wad. All recent wads where Doom 2.

3 hours ago, Devalaous said:

You would have to merge TNT and Revilution into one wad, as the Unity port doesn't have iwads in the traditional sense. Pretty much all Final Doom IWAD mapsets are 'incompatible' as a result, but may work with a lot of wad surgery. And after all that, it may still not run, Plutonia 2 didnt!

Is Plutonia 2 really only compatible with the Plutonia iwad? I know that the wiki states that it uses the Plutonia iwad. But I thought that P2 starts also with the doom2.wad?

And I recently thought I have to regret, that I played P2 through my Final Doom playcount on my Steam profile. Now, where Bethesda is trying to harmonise everything only on two games. But seems I did it right.

I have 59 hours on Final Doom on Steam, playing TNT once, Plutonia twice and Plutonia 2 once.

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 1:01 PM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Agreed. Raised limits are a lot of fun to map for. People just love Boom, myself included. Overall, I feel like we saw more Boom, EDGE, and ZDoom stuff in the early 2000s.

Once upon a time when I first started my foray into Doom Custom .wad levels, it felt like ZDoom was the gold standard by which everything else was measured against. It wasn't until the triple team of Odamex (For old school classic feel/multiplayer), Skulltag/Zandronum (For ZDoom-compatible + multiplayer), and GZDoom (For advanced stuff) that it was dethroned and ultimately discontinued.