Unexplored Themes?

Thorogrimm

Hell invading Techbase? Been done.

Techbase invading Hell, though...? Like a UAC outpost set up within Hell in order to explore or extract resources from it. I'm sure it's been done (Doom 4 comes to mind) but how common a theme is it?

1 minute ago, Rainne said:

Hell invading Techbase? Been done.

Techbase invading Hell, though...? Like a UAC outpost set up within Hell in order to explore or extract resources from it. I'm sure it's been done (Doom 4 comes to mind) but how common a theme is it?

Not very common, although there's definitely been bases in hell that were somehow teleported to hell, or that are there because fabric of spacetime is tearing lel

4 minutes ago, Artman2004 said:

Non-Euclidean geometry is not explored much in Doom.

And it's awesome

On 9/29/2020 at 8:53 PM, Deadwing said:

A Dragon Ball themed wad?

There are 4 or 5 of these, but none are “complete enough” to be properly satisfying.. I might just have to Frankenstein them into a proper little DB themed wad some time..

On 10/1/2020 at 4:27 AM, Doomkid said:

I might just have to Frankenstein them into a proper little DB themed wad some time..

That would be amazing considering the possibilities.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:41 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

Alternative versions of Hell. I know doing the classic Fire and Brimstone Hell in Doom is super easy, but I'd love to see more of Doom 3's "Void Hell" or incredibly bleak and dark Hell or something. 

skillsaw's skin-tech hell in valiant. it's biomechanical, giger-esque

nightmarish abstract hell, maybe inspired by silent hill

ancient aliens map24 / eviternity last episode heaven

the mesoamerican stuff in avactor.

Has anyone ever made a map where you're tiny and in a giant recreation of a normal room? For example, you would be in a bedroom and you'd have a big fight on the bed, then you'd have to teleport onto a computer desk and go inside a big boxy 90's monitor

• 6 months later...

Harbors, or coast-based industrial areas!! I think there's a lot of potential for those.