Wampire's Keep: for HERETIC

(title may change if i come up with something good)

https://shithole.neocities.org/doom2

For Zandronum or GZDoom

Go in, kill D'Sparil, then return to the train to exit. A train tour of D'Sparil slaying.

Four maps right now but im working on makin it a full episode, with D'Sparil in every level.

e1m1 = Wampire's Keep

e1m2 = Necromancer's Woods

e1m3 = Demon's Castle

e1m4 = Warlock's Swamp

e1m5 - e1m9 not finished yet. u could DM on them the way they are now tho.

kinda made for Coop, Possible on singleplayer but its pretty hard. Easier with respawning items and ammo. No Difficulty settings.

ONospJa.png
fOxZlSL.png
P3Yf1Gt.png
JZOibRj.png

Edited by sht
updated link

2 hours ago, sht said:

Make sure u disable autoaim cus Heretic should not have any autoaim... Why ZDoom does not automatically do this for Heretic? I have no idea.

You wouldn't be a Heretic if you played it the right way now, would you? :P

Due to OG Heretic's limited vertical look ability, the lack of vertical autoaim didn't make a huge difference in terms of overall gameplay, and was more useful for overall examination of the environment and for flying.

Plus, I'd imagine that when most people play Heretic WADs, they either use autoaim without freelook (with autoaim being necessary to hit targets in many PWADs if you have a locked vertical axis) or full freelook without autoaim (with freelook being necessary to hit targets without autoaim in many PWADs).

In short, many Heretic PWADs would be broken without either FULL freelook (which OG Heretic didn't support) or vertical autoaim.

Plus, the options menu in GzDoom is relatively accessible and allows anyone to tweak everything to their preferences. Better to have default settings that ensure PWADs can be completed from the get-go as opposed to "accurate" settings that might get in the way of things. GzDoom is mainly geared towards modding and customization as opposed to accuracy.

done e1m2, starting on e1m3 .

61X24Wv.png
lHqnH1C.png
9gQ8kbE.png 
x4WmYtz.png

VVN744E.png

Edited by sht
more screenshots

6 hours ago, VisionThing said:

I don't recall ever seeing that kind of coloured lighting in Heretic before, looks cool.

Its a zdoom thing. yea I dont think many people make Heretic wads with zdoom features. or even make Heretic wads in general compared to DOOM 2

42 minutes ago, sht said:

Its a zdoom thing. yea I dont think many people make Heretic wads with zdoom features. or even make Heretic wads in general compared to DOOM 2

Indeed, the only major Heretic projects I'm aware of are Curse of D'sparil, Call of the Apostate and Wayfarer's Tome. I think there are quite a few one-shot PWADs from the 90s floating around though.

9 hours ago, VisionThing said:

Indeed, the only major Heretic projects I'm aware of are Curse of D'sparil, Call of the Apostate and Wayfarer's Tome. I think there are quite a few one-shot PWADs from the 90s floating around though.

You never heard of Heretic Treasure Chest, HYMN: A Heretic Community Project or especially, Faithless?