Compuserve Stuff and Something Else

In the next few days I'll upload a new pack of wads ( CSERVEv2.zip). They were stored in  a different hard drive and only today I remembered I had it. In the same folder there is a bunch of wads, no Compuserve stuff, not available on idgames and I'll upload separately.

In addition the unaltered and pristine zip file of the 1995 version of Enigma by Jim Flynn I found Just yesterday :)

Hello everyone.

This is the last and final update.

Together with the Compuserve stuff  I uploaded, in a separate folder (EXTRA.ZIP) , a collection of wads not available ( or available in different releases) on idgames.

• In particular OBLIVION.ZIP by  Malcolm Jarvis (Demon) & Chris Moir. It is a 1994 wad and replaces the full Inferno episode . It was released on a coverdisc of the UK edition of PCGamer ( and in Italy by The Game Machine) and it seems to be lost in time because I can't find it on the net.
  • The wads released by Dominion are available on idgames as single wads (domworks.wad), instead in the DOMINION folder you'll find the standalone releases of the wads and a couple of "new" ones.
  • The CHASE.WAD by Neill Wallis comes with an incorrect text file. It states the map slot is 02, but the correct slot is 03. I added a text file in the folder (CHASEFIX.RTF)  as reminder.

And last but not the least the unmodified and pristine zip file of the 1995 version of Enigma Episode by Jim Flynn.

Download links on the original post

Enjoy :)

Edited by thestarrover
New download links

8 hours ago, thestarrover said:
  • In particular OBLIVION.ZIP by  Malcolm Jarvis (Demon) & Chris Moir. It is a 1994 wad and replaces the full Inferno episode . It was released on a coverdisc of the UK edition of PCGamer ( and in Italy by The Game Machine) and it

Had no idea this one existed, thanks so much for posting this. This is a very early episode replacement, should be interesting to see how it holds up! Thanks again!

15 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Had no idea this one existed, thanks so much for posting this. This is a very early episode replacement, should be interesting to see how it holds up! Thanks again!

100% agree. Playing old hidden stuff is always very interesting. @thestarrover is becoming a gem-seeker :D

You are a fucking killing machine, from your very first post, indeed.

Not only have you recovered the unmodified and pristine release of ENIGMA.ZIP, but you have also recovered the unmodified and pristine releases of DMTWR.ZIP, DMWHEE.ZIP, DMCITI.ZIP, DMWACK.ZIP, DMUPDN.ZIP, DMGLCH.ZIP, DMPEAN.ZIP, DMRING.ZIP, DMMTDM.ZIP, and DMSRND.ZIP.

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

You are a fucking killing machine, from your very first post, indeed.

Not only have you recovered the unmodified and pristine release of ENIGMA.ZIP, but you have also recovered the unmodified and pristine releases of DMTWR.ZIP, DMWHEE.ZIP, DMCITI.ZIP, DMWACK.ZIP, DMUPDN.ZIP, DMGLCH.ZIP, DMPEAN.ZIP, DMRING.ZIP, DMMTDM.ZIP, and DMSRND.ZIP.

Thank you @Diabolución! What can I say? All these years I have downloaded tons of files from the internet and I have collected so many CDs, cover disks and floppy disks that even I do not know exactly all the stuff I own. Every time I find something that I think it is interesting or useful to the community, I am more than happy to share it with all of you! I think that that is also the best way I can give my contribution to the forum, since I am neither a mapper nor a skilled player. :)

3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

You're welcome @Arrowhead. I am really happy you like it. :)

Another lost in time wad released in the same year, 1994, is the original version (1.0) of the Eye Of The Beholder by Jon Landis. Only the version 1.1 is available. I have been looking for it for years :)

1 hour ago, thestarrover said:

...Another lost in time wad released in the same year, 1994, is the original version (1.0) of the Eye Of The Beholder by Jon Landis. Only the version 1.1 is available. I have been looking for it for years :)

From the readme of the 1.1 version:

"Changes since v1.0
Fixed the deathmatch 2.0 problems.
Fixed the Tutti Fruity effect of e2m5
Fixed the Too much Skinbord error on e2m7
Fixed the sky height problems on e2m8
Added Three new demos"

Are those the only known changes? Doesn't seem like there's too much of a difference between version 1.0, and version 1.1. Have you tried looking through any of the old Doom sites linked on Doomshack?

https://doomshack.org/olddoomsites.html

I distinctly remember seeing a very old Doom site, (maybe its in the above list, I can't remember) that had a WAD listing for EoB. I know I've seen EoB listed on one of those sites, but I have no idea if its the old version, or new. I'm going to see if I can possibly find it again. I could also be going crazy - but I know I saw it listed on some dude's site somewhere...

Could be worth a look, as I imagine you've already exhausted the normal routes to find it.

Edited by Arrowhead

Just today I was checking out a couple of floppy disk images I downloaded sometime ago.

The disks are simply called Doom WAD Files 1 of 2.ima and DOOM WAD Files 2 of 2.ima. and they contain 39 wad files ( 100% from 1994). I selected 8 of these to share with you because the others are already available on idgames ( and one is corrupted :( )

A note about HEARTBET.WAD (E1M1 slot)

Since in the text file there is an hint, I suggest you to read it only if you are really stuck :)

Thanks and enjoy! :)

>>FLOPPY<<

Edited by thestarrover

Sometime ago, browsing the web, I found a bunch of sites with downloadable doom stuff. These sites  seem not be listed on https://doomshack.org/olddoomsites.html and http://www.teamhellspawn.com/links.html , but in case I am wrong I apologize in advance if you already  know these sites (and you have these wads course).

• JIM’S KICK-ASS DOOM 2 PAGE   LINK

There are a bunch of wads available exclusively on the site:

Hellhole (hellhole.zip) 14 levels

Untitled (Untitled.zip) 8 levels (experimental and strange wad)

Jim’s awesome Pad (Pad.zip) 1level

Building (building.zip)  1 level

8 levels (8levels.zip)  DOWNLOAD LINK IS DEAD

The Legend Of Zelda (Violence Edition) (hyrule.zip)

In addition two levels made by other authors

What Goes Up (level16.zip). by Steve W. Long.

This is interesting because it is the standalone release of the 16th level of LONGWAD.WAD by the same author.

Gallery: The Art of Maligormax (gallery2.zip) by Mark Spine ( available also on idgames)

There are also downloadable icons and desktop background (some links seem dead however)

• JEFF ROBERTSON WADS  LINK

This site is not strictly related to the doom world but you can find the fellowing wads for Doom 2:

Axe.zip ( 3 levels )

Fortress.zip (1 level)

Mallet2.zip (1 level)

Mayfield.zip (3 level deathmatch)

• MONEYMAN’S DOOM 2 WADS LINK 

Wads available:

T3000.WAD ( also on idgames)

Closecombat.wad (also on idgames)

Md2k1-1on1.wad

Mafia.wad.

It is available on idgames as mafia03.wad. Timestamp is  05/12/2001 and seems to be a beta release.

The version available on the site, instead, seems to be an updated/complete version (mafia.wad timestamp 12/25/2001)

Househil.wad

Jail.wad

Stcerils.wad

Really old stuff here from the 90s! 189 downloadable wads for doom ( marble1.wad link is dead). Many of them seem available on idgames with few exceptions ( Titan.zip, Gaspra.zip, DD1.zip, Impale.zip etc..)

EDIT : Thanks to @Mad Butcher 8levels is available! 8levels.zip

Thank and enjoy

Edited by thestarrover
8levels.zip added

• 2 weeks later...

Bruno Postel and Daniel Remar Doom II Levels

Another two sites not strictly related to Doom where you can download some wads for Doom II:

Here you can download 7 maps ( made in 1997) in a single zip file.

No text files provided. All maps are for Map01 slot.

>>Direct Download<< 

Six are the maps available to downlaod on this site.

The maps were made in 2003 but in 2020 Remar updated them and added new music.

I downloaded these levels in 2019; if you like the maps and you would like to try the original versions, tell me and I’ll upload them.

All maps are for Map01 slot ( if I remember correctly). No text file provided.

Thanks!

On 7/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, FEDEX said:

Great stuff pal!

Can you please upload the original versions too? Thx

2019 versions  Here

Edited by thestarrover

• OJ's Doom II levels

On this site http://www.kcmorningstar.com/doom2.html you can find a couple of wads for Doom II (GZDoom )

Ojs10level.zip is a 10 levels wad and replaces Map01 to Map10.

The author suggests to load  lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3 with the wad

Mergence.zip Is a one level wad with new textures. weapons and monsters

Thanks!

Edited by thestarrover

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I have been busy in these days but now it is time to update this thread :)

A bunch of CompuServe wads I recently found:

Matt Bollier

Darkdm.zip

Sentry.zip

Styx.zip

D2gotcha.zip (with Chris Ruggiero)

Peter Redutko

Vire35.zip (Deathmatch)

Baked, no fried (???)

S&D.Zip (Search and Destroy)

Mike Johnson

Shadowla.zip ( the Shadowlands)

Mr. Fizz

Stoncavr.zip ( The Stone Caverns PREVIEW)

Drunk Punk

1-6_09.zip (6 levels wad)

John Needham

Coolads.zip (Cool Lads)

Jarrod Nelson

Hatework.zip

Dennis Ventrello

Overide.zip

Steffen Itterheim

D_earth.zip ( Doom II: Death on Earth v2.0)

Mark VanTassel

D2puz1.zip ( Doom II, Puzzle part I)

Jim McColm

Defiance.zip (Mad Deathmatch)

Ron Llewellyn

Demise.zip (Doug’ s Demise)

John Moran

Runner.zip

The Spider

Tped.zip (The Pedestal)

Extra  Wads (no CompuServe)

Val Galloway

Valdark.zip

This is a modification of Matt Bollier’ s Darkdm.zip

Joe Brandt

SS.zip

Paul Pollack (and Andy Stevens)

Gldtr22.zip ( Gladiator v 2.2)

Unknown Italian Author

Kevinfox.arj (Doom, E1M1)

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Enjoy!

A very little update today with a new wad:

Matt Bollier 

The Abandoned Mines (MINES.WAD) 

It is a one level wad replacement for Doom II Map01. The map is short and easy to complete (probably because it was designed for Deathmatch), but in my opinion is aesthetically very nice and it's worth a try.

Download HERE

Edited by thestarrover

John W. Anderson (aka Dr. Sleep)

Browsing the idgames archive I noticed that some releases of Dante’s Gate and Crossing Acheron by John W. Anderson (aka Dr. Sleep) are missing, so I put together all the versions I have and now I would like share them with you:

Dante’s Gate Collection includes version: 1.0- 1.2- 1.666 - 2.0- 2.1 - 2.2 - 2.3 -2.4.

Missing releases are version 1.1, because I don’t have it and version 2.5, because I downloaded it from the archive.

The zip file of version 1.666 is different from the one in the archive.

Compared to 1.2, the first original version of Dante’s Gate is a bit different. The map is slightly smaller: a long corridor section, a room with a Cacodemon and a couple of secrets are missing. In addition some rooms/sections have different textures and details.

Crossing Acheron Collection includes version: 1.0 - 1.666 - 2.0 - 2.0a - 2.2 .

The zip files of version 1.0, 1.666 and 2.0 are different from the ones on the archive.

I included in both collections a brief text file about Dante’s Gate Version 1.0 and 2.1 and Crossing Acheron 1.666, 2.0 and 2.0a.

Info about Dante's Gate here and Crossing Acheron here

Of course, as usual, if there is something wrong with these files (or the notes) let me know :)

>>Download<<

Edited by thestarrover

• 2 months later...