Repository Dump [temp mirror added]

I have just downloaded the official backup. For the sake of documenting it, its SHA-1 sum is 6ccb8f6f214ea8d6898de6ad71f423cf5967fb95.

Edited by Diabolución
I wish I could edit my own posts silently.

Curious to see from whom it comes this thread... Anyway since R667 has been pristine again, I suggest to close this since it is redundant and unnecessary. If I will be still willingly to post anything on this forum, maybe in the future I will share my files regarding R667 which I have jealously kept since 2005.

Edited by Ozymandias81

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias81 said:

Curious to see from whom it comes this post... Anyway since R667 has been pristine again, I suggest to close this since it is redundant and unnecessary. If I will be still willingly to post anything on this forum, maybe in the future I will share my files regarding R667 which I have jealously kept since 2005.

nah, considering how many times R667 has gone down, I think a backup is a poignant thing to do.

if you're worried about us attempting to take down R667, that's not the goal here.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Or instead of acting like a child you could bolster your place as someone with a reputation above that of a bratty child. If these files haven't been seen by anyone since 2005, nobody will feel any loss for not having them.

I see you are amalgamateing with the flow, very sad to read this from you too. But anyway, I am 40 years old and unfortunately very far from acting like a child, have better things to do than appease threads filled with people which doesn't think anymore with their own brain. I have the right to be sincerely disappointed on your wording here since I never insulted you directly and I was not doing that actually, and then I see Torm gets banned for a decision made in 2017 okay... Oh wait: I have an idea that this is another trick to destroy another modder reputation, or worse feelings regarding the community and its lack of empathy in general. I am simply not eager to share my files primarly for this reason, second because there is some stuff that has been removed from the website and I respect that. Torm is my friend and I know him, whatever will happen in the future is just something we can't handle in general, this also means that this thread then should have been opened ages ago, not after banning him, which is a very curious coincidence. Farewell.

Edited by Ozymandias81
typos

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias81 said:

I see you are amalgamateing with the flow, very sad to read this from you too. But anyway, I am 40 years old and unfortunately very far from acting like a child, have better things to do than appease threads filled with people which doesn't think anymore with their own brain. I have the right to be sincerely disappointed on your wording here since I never insulted you directly and I was not doing that actually, but come one Torm gets banned for a decision made in 2017 okay... Oh wait: I have an idea that this is another trick to destroy another modder reputation, or worse feelings regarding the community and its lack of empathy in general. I am simply not eager to share my files primarly for this reason, second because there is some stuff that has been removed from the website and I respect that. Torm is my friend and I know him, whatever will happen in the future is just something we can't handle in general, this also means that this thread then should have been opened ages ago, not after banning him, which is a very curious coincidence. Farewell.

In any case, we need a backup. This is not an attack on anyone, this is simply a new backup, whoever wants to maintain it can do it of their own prerogative. It doesn't effect you or anyone else.

I'll also mention your name is on the zscript for those reprehensible lady gore sprites, I am not interested in anything you have to offer. 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ozymandias81 said:

Torm gets banned for a decision made in 2017 okay... Oh wait: I have an idea that this is another trick to destroy another modder reputation, or worse feelings regarding the community and its lack of empathy in general.

Ah yes. Because Torm never used his monetized, e-begging platform to insult a modder's reputation over things that happened several years before, extrapolating his own twisted interpretations, accusing of doing everything he have done himself. and calling out the person's works to be avoided. Nah, this literally never happened.

Edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV

That article has some priceless quotes, given the current situation.

What really makes me boycott the mod is the author's attitude towards other people's work and behaviour when it comes to criticism (I mean, you have to be seriously anti-social to get banned on almost every community messageboard here)

Just... wow. Genuinely incredible.

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

That article has some priceless quotes, given the current situation.

Just... wow. Genuinely incredible.

Here's another amazing one. Becomes amazing when paired with the good ol' "inspiration" folder from a while back.

I do support good new ideas, exciting mods and diligent efforts but I do not support people like Seargent Mark IV behind them, who base their personal stolen glory on the backs of other people's hard work.

The more you guys upload the resources for the greater good, the better.

Simple, right? I'd prefer to kill the drama and start contributing with something (which I did already lol).

2 hours ago, Ozymandias81 said:

I see you are amalgamateing with the flow, very sad to read this from you too. But anyway, I am 40 years old and unfortunately very far from acting like a child

[...]

Oh wait: I have an idea that this is another trick to destroy another modder reputation, or worse feelings regarding the community and its lack of empathy in general.

Dude, people just want to back up the files. Calm down. Imagine if people reacted this way each time /idgames was mirrored.

Please do not talk about a "lack of empathy" given the content of the mod in question. You may be 12 years older than me but a child can see the irony there from a mile away: "We used the actual names of people involved with the holocaust in our mod, but you kicked a guy from a website, you absolute empathy-lacking monsters!"

Why not try and make some reasonable points? Maybe working on making some amends instead of digging your heels in? I'm saying this for the good of you and everyone else's hard work that went into BoA.

Believe it or not, even from the shitty position you guys were in, you could have come here and salvaged something rather than actively trying to make the situation worse by saying rubbish like "Anyone who thinks the outrage was largely justified has forfeited their own opinion because they disagree with my position, by the way I'm a paragon of maturity". It just doesn't grok, it comes off more like you want this divide to continue or get even worse with an approach like that.

Edited by Doomkid

I like the idea of having backup repositories. In fact, I'm in the process of making my own website. I don't know if I'd have the space to host everything, but I can certainly host a good amount of stuff.

Always good to have multiple options.

FWIW: I can host the entire archive on a FTP if needed from DRDTeam. 0.92 GB, right? 

I also want to denote that a certain site is on sale if one needs a replacement:

Spoiler

ZIauPXX.png

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

FWIW: I can host the entire archive on a FTP if needed from DRDTeam. 0.92 GB, right? 

I also want to denote that a certain site is on sale if one needs a replacement:

I feel it would be wrong to steal the "R667" branding, it feels like a direct attempt to undercut Realm667 as a whole. Backups of files and new repositories are great ideas, but I don't think this is the right way to go about it - it's a stones throw from thievery.

(Not trying to "call you out" or anything silly like that, just making a point. I only feel I need to clarify that given how heated things have been the last 24 hours..)

Well, that repo dump posted on R667 isn't sorted into folders like the site rip, so that was somehow less useful.

We're already putting together a separate repository. I'm sure we'll have some things to report about later in the month.

In regards to getting a whole new repository done, it’s worth noting that even the resources we do have currently could use expansion.

Namely, in that the existing repository mainly seems to serve ZDoom-based ports due to monsters/weapons/props primarily using DECORATE (pre-2008 DECORATE, in some cases).

It’d certainly be nice to see variants of those resources be usable for other ports like EDGE and Eternity, as well as DeHackEd versions for older ports and ZScript versions for newer ZDoom-derived ports if possible.

Not only that, management of this new repository would need to be decentralized and more community-driven so that its existence isn’t at the mercy of one capricious creator.

Edited by Man of Doom

3 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

In regards to getting a whole new repository done, it’s worth noting that even the resources we do have currently could use expansion.

Namely, in that the existing repository mainly seems to serve ZDoom-based ports due to monsters/weapons/props primarily using DECORATE (pre-2008 DECORATE, in some cases).

It’d certainly be nice to see variants of those resources be usable for other ports like EDGE and Eternity, as well as DeHackEd versions for older ports and ZScript versions for newer ZDoom-derived ports if possible.

Not only that, management of this new repository would need to be decentralized and more community-driven so that its existence isn’t at the mercy of one capricious creator.

Yeah, I agree with this, with pretty much anything here, the newer and older resources variants would be really nice, since before with Realm 667 only thing I could find was zscript or DECORATE, I really want some custom monsters for Boom, EDGE, or Eternity, and of course the management of the repository should be handled by more than one person who can just decide to delete everything if he wants to

Torm's just released the entire repository on his website as a single zip. Downloading it all then hosting it on my website.

6 hours ago, Ozymandias81 said:

Anyway since R667 has been pristine again, I suggest to close this since it is redundant and unnecessary.

If there's one thing in the Doom community that demands redundancy at this time, it's R667.  Tormentor cannot be allowed to do this again, bringing back the site merely makes it easier to ensure a more complete archive of his site is taken.

50 minutes ago, AlexMax said:

If there's one thing in the Doom community that demands redundancy at this time, it's R667.  Tormentor cannot be allowed to do this again, bringing back the site merely makes it easier to ensure a more complete archive of his site is taken.

yeah, i'm beginning to think he's trying to use it as a bargaining chip or something

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I feel it would be wrong to steal the "R667" branding, it feels like a direct attempt to undercut Realm667 as a whole. Backups of files and new repositories are great ideas, but I don't think this is the right way to go about it - it's a stones throw from thievery.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Or something.

But yeah. I just stumbled across this when i entered it by accident. Because you often shorten it to R667 anyway, i was surprised the site was up for grabs.

(Not trying to "call you out" or anything silly like that, just making a point. I only feel I need to clarify that given how heated things have been the last 24 hours..)

Honestly at this point i am not even sure what is going on anymore so i mark it as a thing of today and not a happening of tomorrow.

1 minute ago, roadworx said:

yeah, i'm beginning to think he's trying to use it as a bargaining chip or something

I don't think he is doing what he does for that specific purpose. ''Look at this exclusive stuff nobody else has.''  Why would he offer a zipped copy of the entire repository if that was his intent?

Edited by Redneckerz