DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH - THE Cyberpunk MEGAWAD!

How do I get the right pistol sound effect? I see the addons in the archive, but I don't know how to apply them.

p.s.: the solution is to simply list the resource wad file, separated by space.

gzdoom -iwad Documents/Doom/DOOM2.WAD -file Documents/dbp37_augzen/DBP37_AUGZEN.wad Documents/dbp37_augzen/DBP37_AlternateBlaster.wad

Edited by LouigiVerona

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the megawad. My god, this is awesome. I'm going to be replaying this again and again. Exceptional work. The atmosphere is just sublime. I rarely play Doom with music and frequently play it by listening to a podcast in the background. But with Augzen I had the effects and music on the whole time, so that I can experience the atmosphere of that world. And many levels offer spectacular gameplay.

I enjoyed many maps, but especially loved maps 01, 03, 17, 19. The latter surprised me, because initially I was like: shopping mall, meh. But I ended up really exploring this map and its space and also the secrets were awesome. Although I still don't get the control room where you open a yellow key door. Like, in order to even get to the secret, you do grab the yellow key. So, this at first hints that maybe you've opened something else. But it just opens the door you can open yourself to begin with. But apart from that the level is a delight and I have found myself replaying it 3 times already.

Anyway, this is awesome epic work. Huge thanks to everyone involved <3

Btw, also started going through the levels, sometimes even with the -nomonsters flag, to try to find secrets. I must say, it's pretty brutal. I am yet to find 3 secrets in MAP017. I think I've spent around an hour just roaming the level, but my counter is steady at 6/9. In one place I ca hear the sound of an unkilled revenant, but I have no idea how to get there and, in fact, where "there" is. Or maybe it is supposed to teleport in at some point.

I also noticed that the computer area map doesn't seem to be showing all of the rooms - like, decorative rooms beyond the playable area - and it definitely doesn't demonstrate secrets. I thought the whole point of the item is to more easily find places you haven't been to. But I've been to all places on the map, bumped, I think, into every wall. Without opening the editor, I just don't know where these secrets could be.

Same for MAP03. Tried it today - and again, I just can't find many secrets. There seem to be no hints that I could find. I also struggled to find many secrets on MAP07.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if this is by design, but yeah, many secrets in the megawad are quite cryptic.

Edited by LouigiVerona

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing project! Really loved the style and most of the maps were great (even if pretty hard). Just map 12 didn't click at all for me. I get the idea, but that endless hallway... just not for me. The music selection is also spot on. Thank you for making this from a fellow cyberpunk fan :)

• 4 months later...

Amazing! Thank you for this wad! I just met it here in the forum, and I will for sure finalize it, because I'm curious about the end of the plot.

Bit of a bump here, sorry.

I was gearing up for a replay of this WAD, and in preparation for doing so creating a high quality music pack for my own personal use with a variety of original versions and remixes of the tunes. I gotta know if there are high quality versions of the @Psyrus MIDIs used?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely one the best wads I've played. Looks great and plays great. It's packed with some many details.

Edited by elCreyo

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing this game after watching MTPain27’s video, and I have to say that this is my dream Doom 2 WAD. As a massive fan of Japanese culture and cyberpunk I've been loving the art style & the effort put into it. Job well done! A+ @SuperCupcakeTactics

Edited by Doomfanatic781

• 1 month later...

I was pretty reserved for a while and I still need to reply to you awesome folk so here goes:

On 3/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, LF222 said:

Was wondering, is there a source for the character sprite on this texture?

DBP_A204.png

At first I thought it was https://jazzisthebestformofmusic.tumblr.com (and I remember looking at your question you had on your profile after the fact too) and it was afterwards that I remember that if it's not on that website then what I was actually thinking of was a collection of PC-98 graphics compiled by a /vr/ anon, and there were two files and at least one of them was titled along the lines of 'ancient japanese vidya' full of art from various games sorted folder by folder. The problem is that I unfortunately haven't had it since the project wrapped up! Sorry about all that. So it's not from the website it's from one or more /vr/ anons PC-98 art compilations.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, NightFright said:

Any chance you guys have widescreen assets of the TITLEPIC, INTERPIC etc? Someone already made a widescreen statusbar in the "Widescreen Appreciation Thread" and this project would certainly deserve a full 426x200 image set.

I don't have any but I can tell you the sources of the images as far as I can. The TITLEPIC's sides are from the PC-98 game X-Girl, and I'm unsure of the source of the city background but the city buildings in the foreground are of my own creation.

The middle of the INTERPIC is from Snatcher but the top and bottom are from the default DBP INTERPIC and there's no extension of it that I know of, but also the red stripes were put there by me and it may be better to just re-do that whole part.

The CREDIT's image is from here and the game is Es no Houteishiki / Esの方程式. I don't remember the HELP screen's backgrounds it might have even been 2 images stitched together and divided by the black bars across.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, Jayextee said:

Bit of a bump here, sorry.

I was gearing up for a replay of this WAD, and in preparation for doing so creating a high quality music pack for my own personal use with a variety of original versions and remixes of the tunes. I gotta know if there are high quality versions of the @Psyrus MIDIs used?

I don't have any recordings on hand, but you might be able to record your own with a soundfont you like. There is an awesome remix album by Jefe Chief (very much enjoyed this) you could use.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And once again I want to thank everyone for their praise and support! Thank you! And thank you again! As for AUGER;ZENITH Deathmatch I'd like to get it rolling next year, maybe around April-June and hopefully I can get all the new assets I need by then (yes I've made some already hehe) to be satisfied as there should be more/different things than what was in the base WAD. It'll be yet another adventure to keep putting the PUNK in CyberPUNK!

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

On 12/9/2022 at 1:18 AM, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

As for AUGER;ZENITH Deathmatch I'd like to get it rolling next year, maybe around April-June and hopefully I can get all the new assets I need by then (yes I've made some already hehe) to be satisfied as there should be more/different things than what was in the base WAD. It'll be yet another adventure to keep putting the PUNK in CyberPUNK!

Just don't forget about me regarding beta testing. ; )

• 6 months later...

Hello, I love your work. Absolutely stunning aesthetic with great attention to detail, and very fun to play. I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk themes.

I do have one very minor issue. I am playing your megawad via GZDoom--idk if this may be a factor--but in the opening level there are a couple of spots where the glass panes are clearly discernible by the "streaks," while a few only show those streaks from one side and not the other. Is this intended? It's just that I kept thinking it was my autoaim bugging out when I was shooting at enemies, but it just turns out the glass was "invisible" and unbreakable from certain perspectives. I guess some glass is meant to break and not others, so is this the visual cue for the unbreakable glass?

glass1.jpg

glass2.jpg

Edited by Arena Chess
Typos

2 hours ago, FEDEX said:

I don't know why, but those waves in the walls remind me e3m8 from Heretic

That's because it is the texture from Heretic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 3:58 PM, Arena Chess said:

Hello, I love work. Absolutely stunning aesthetic with great attention to detail, and very fun to play. I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk themes.

I do have one very minor issue. I am playing your megawad via GZDoom--idk if this may be a factor--but in the opening level there are a couple of spots where the glass panes are clearly discernible by the "streaks," while a few only show those streaks from one side and not the other. Is this intended? It's just that I kept thinking it was my autoaim bugging out when I was shooting at enemies, but it just turns out the glass was "invisible" and unbreakable from certain perspectives. I guess some glass is meant to break and not others, so is this the visual cue for the unbreakable glass?

Thank you glad you enjoyed it! That's just a detail I omitted, helped hidden without mouselook. The breakable glass is only accessible from one side in my maps since that was the extent of how I knew to do it.

On 7/23/2023 at 2:19 PM, renegadeandroid said:

Amazing, thank you so much for the adventure

Thank you for enjoying and playing :)

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

On 3/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, LF222 said:

Was wondering, is there a source for the character sprite on this texture?

DBP_A204.png

Yes, yes there is. She's from 'Pick Up Yadokari Eisei Housoukyoku', a PC-98 video game from what I assume.

Screenshot_20230729-010248.png

Edited by BoredAgain

• 1 month later...

Please Is possible turn off rain ? I play this wad with duke nukem monsters/weapons mod. Everything was fine without problem but in map06 rain blocked me and is impossible move. Without mod is everything ok

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first of all congrats for the amazing maps, I'm at map 10 so far and I'm really enjoying the cyberpunk theme!
I was wondering though: I have tried doing level 10 multiple times but I always end up 4 monsters short, these monsters are 4 cacos stuck outside the map at approximately -3000 ; -6000. Is there any way to make them teleport inside the map?

EDIT: Idk if this will be a universal solution, but I switched to different compatibility modes until the 4 cacos teleport where they were supposed to so that's that. Using a certain compatibility mode from the start did not work, I really had to go where they're supposed to spawn and switching the comp modes.

Edited by JoeyKelastiof

Hey!
Apologies for the double post. I just wanted to say that I finished the megawad and it was honestly a really good experience. I really enjoyed the level layouts and their aesthetic, the cyberpunk setting and the music. There wasn't a moment when I felt bored, I always enjoyed playing those maps. Thanks to the authors of those solid levels, this megawad is definitely in my top 3.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

The difficulty is quite high, but this mod looks beautiful! Just being nitpicking, I find the original Doom monster sprites a little out of place in this cyberpunk world. The freedoom sprites blends in this mod quite nicely. Just try running it with freedoom2.wad as the iwad.

doom10.png

doom06.png

Edited by zmodder

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, LainedPill said:

Yes, yes there is. She's from 'Pick Up Yadokari Eisei Housoukyoku', a PC-98 video game from what I assume.

Screenshot_20230729-010248.png

https://dosbox-x.com/wiki/Guide%3APC‐98-emulation-in-DOSBox‐X can run PC-98 games, provided you have the relevant files for the games you want to play.

I haven't played any PC-98 games, so I don't know anything beyond the above Dosbox-X link.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:55 PM, zmodder said:

The difficulty is quite high, but this mod looks beautiful! Just being nitpicking, I find the original Doom monster sprites a little out of place in this cyberpunk world. The freedoom sprites blends in this mod quite nicely. Just try running it with freedoom2.wad as the iwad.

doom10.png

doom06.png

Only reason I didn't play this mod with Freedoom as the IWAD originally is that it messes up the AlternateBlaster bonus WAD. The zombie and shotgun sprites flicker between Freedoom-style and original Doom style.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:08 AM, continuum.mid said:

Only reason I didn't play this mod with Freedoom as the IWAD originally is that it messes up the AlternateBlaster bonus WAD. The zombie and shotgun sprites flicker between Freedoom-style and original Doom style.

I had the same issue. My solution is to load the "Nostalgia Arsenal addon" for freedoom (https://www.moddb.com/games/freedoom/addons/nostalgia-arsenal) as the last wad to overwrite the weapon sprites.

It's been fun watching decino's playthrough of this now and re-experience it this way. Still one of the coolest wads I've played in recent years.

• 2 months later...