[Remaster WIP] Newdoom Community Project

5 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

I worry a little that the first shot feels more like an entirely new location instead of a remastered variant of the original... Gone is the brutalist look of the first building. Second is clearly the same, just more pleasing to the eye.

I took the second shot a little further ahead than I realized at the time so it shows more of what is between the gray building and the brutalist building. The brutalist building is still there.
QyjVLUd.jpg

Edited by Doom_Dude

• 2 months later...

A couple of dark shots taken with Crispy Doom. This is Map19's original blue keycard puzzle hall:

DOOM0003.png

And this is the remastered version:

DOOM0000.png

The dark sections of the map are as abundant and dark as ever before but I tried to keep the "same thing, just different" approach to the original areas.

Edited by TheMarlboroMan
added map name!

Hey lookin good. I slowed up for a bit, real life and all that. Still plugging away at it. We'll get er done for sure. :D

On 9/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, Doom_Dude said:

Map02 is now less confusing I hope. lol

I must have had a brain fart when I made my post because I thought this was a remaster of NDCP 2, not the first one. I didn't have any issues with map 2 of NDCP 1. :P I feel silly now. :D

Really digging those screenshots. :)

11 hours ago, Nems said:

I must have had a brain fart when I made my post because I thought this was a remaster of NDCP 2, not the first one. I didn't have any issues with map 2 of NDCP 1. :P I feel silly now. :D

Really digging those screenshots. :)

Haha, I have brain farts all the time. It gets worse with age.... ;)

Thanks Nems. :D

• 6 months later...

After a few months of laziness, I've resumed work on Doom_Goat's Map22.  3D-mode pic:  http://teamhellspawn.com/geitmap_nov_3d.png

I'd imagine, given the prolonged silence from Frades, there's still time if people want to go back and fiddle with their offerings a little.  Not entirely sure he's started yet.  Hoping I don't end up stuck doing his map as well, heh.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2024 at 8:42 PM, Scuba Steve said:

I'm going to hold you to this...

It doesn't count as a proper community project unless there's a delay somewhere.   :D

• 3 months later...