[REALMS-DEEP-2021] Basilica of a Thousand Torments

Download

This is my map submission for the Realms Deep 2021 event, it seemed the link for it was missing except for the README, so I took to putting it here instead. I've finished a map that's for another project which is in a hiatus at the moment. I thought it'd make a good map when finished, and I've went the extra mile and optimized a lot of areas and added Quake monsters to fit the theme. The map itself was around 60-65% done, most of the layout was finished. It was missing detail in some places, thing placement + scripting was missing or broken in a lot of places. Proper item balancing wasn't there etc. In the time alotted I basically touched up the whole thing, polished it and am now releasing it for everyone to enjoy.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.705b9169365afeab35fcaaca6c33de92.pngimage.png.bd7c8511253088d958a4a6ee25a0aa2a.pngimage.png

Good luck and have fun finding the hidden logo :)

image.png

EDIT: Ok this one last picture won't fit in the spoiler so I take it there's an imagine limit, oops :P

Edited by IvanDobrovski
screenshot was outside spoiler #2...

I had fun! Though somehow I missed 100 monsters before ending the map. The throne room could use a tweak or two as there were awkward pauses between the waves. I really enjoyed the 2.5d quake experience.

Was there an intended character for this? I ended up using doomguy.

Edited by SyntherAugustus

7 hours ago, SyntherAugustus said:

I had fun! Though somehow I missed 100 monsters before ending the map. The throne room could use a tweak or two as there were awkward pauses between the waves. I really enjoyed the 2.5d quake experience.

Was there an intended character for this? I ended up using doomguy.

Not sure what the pauses were about, that might be monsters not teleporting in properly. I'd have to see it in a small video or something showing it, didn't happen for me.

The monsters missing could be one of the following:

• Monsters left in unexplored areas
  • Monsters stuck in the throne room's ceiling area (I've seen it happen but I couldn't come up with a fix in time)
  • Monsters leftover from the final fight (Similar reason to above for the fix)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The map can be played properly with any of the classes, they all have Quake style movement. (VQ3 specifically) I suppose thematically the most fitting one is the Ranger.

Edited by IvanDobrovski
typo