(TC) Space Cats Saga+ (Final) Update 6.66

need to balance and patch some things, but mostly its meant to be a lil power fantasy.

i will look into yaeskas berserk. its not my fault if you abuse something :3 (like spamming Sills pwr 2 sceptre time stop aoe :D )

the text screens is because of the clusters they put into. maybe should have giving them a higher nr not to be triggered in custom maps.

this is on moddb. itch.io i have to look into

6 hours ago, DerTimmy said:

itch.io i have to look into

I don't know about "itch.io". Like, I saw that some Doom modders started posting their projects. Combine_Kegan, scumhead, CherubCorps, Skelegant, TerminusEst13... I've only listed a part of it.

On the one hand, additional involvement in their work. On the other hand, they need to be found among a pile of, sorry, "shit".

I have projects that have taken root well there: "Operation E.C.H.O.", "Snap the Sentinel" and the completely forgotten "Memoirs of Magic" (Does anyone know about this fan game besides me?).

But it's up to you, DerTimmy! I would recommend that you create a page for your project.

yeah will add it to itch.io. but will patch this first before uploading. still a few things i need/want to change. but nothing important. (new barrels, changing the clusters my maps are in so that they wont show in custom maps, adding some more art/weapons descriptions and making some small tweaks/bugfixes)

• 1 month later...

Update 6.66 is out!

This is the final Update. No more new Content coming to this. Have fun!

Will this run okay in GZDoom 4.11.3? Either way, I am so excited to finally give this a whirl!

14 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Will this run okay in GZDoom 4.11.3? Either way, I am so excited to finally give this a whirl!

cant tell. used 4.12 last

but didnt had any problems. you could also try (prerelease) VKDoom.

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

It's amazing.. An unforgettable experience.

uploaded Version RC3.

Overhauls alot of Effects, redesigns Bastybers Bossfight to make it more challenging and prevents you from switching to other Weapons while Sills Lv3 Super is active. Makes it alot easier to use!

We just finished epizode 3 in coop (2 players) and found some bugs in the latest 6.66 version. If you gib the basic enemy (orange cat), there is a funny bug of never falling flying head of these cats. Maybe it also happens at other enemies, but we are sure it works with orange cats. They just drop their heads and those heads are endlessly flying throw walls. 

Other bugs are not that funny though; in epizode 2 late maps and in epizode 3, in arenas, when enemies spawn, there is a bug that not all enemies spawn and they stay in their "spawn box" and thus we couldnt complete level. We had to cheat and clip into their spawn boxex to kill them, and finally then it startted the scrpit and next door opened. It happened many times at late levels, but I dont know if its due to COOP or what. 

Anyway, stunning piece of work, cant imagine how hard you worked to complete this extreme project! This should win first place in Cacowards this year.

yeah those heads. thought i fixed that :D dunno why this happens. but fixed it now.

which difficulty you played on? maybe you can tell which maps? i was a noob at scripting at that time. i will go through the maps and redesign the arenas, but that may take a while. im still working on this as im not happy with the overall quality

Timmy, I recommend you ask someone to test this, see if the maps work as intended, if all secrets and kills are possible, if there are any softlocks, etc. That will definitely help you get this out the door in a true completed state.

i saw this many times beaten on streams. i guess it has something to do with scripts and timing

I think that when you play it alone, everything works as it should.. It's only problematic in coop, but everyone should enjoy this and enjoy it on their own anyway.

7 minutes ago, Broadsword Jim said:

Btw, are you preparing a new chapter and character, or will there be only such minor updates?

<_<  no that would take alot of time. still would like to add more but then i will be working on this forever :D

but i will overhaul some maps and sprites. i called this finished because there is no new content coming. but cant say no either ;)

--the bastyber boss is bugged right now. did an oopsie. if the fight starts with her immediatly dashing then she will be immortal. will be fixed.

Yeah I get you.. I already finished it but I plan to start it again because it's really really good and I can't get enough of it.. I can tell you that it's definitely one of the best mods and maybe the best.. I hope and believe that wins Cacoward because you really deserve it.

Posted (edited)

you can try this with other maps too. its fun and still well balanced for doom maps

uploaded rc4 that fixes the bastyber boss fight and some arenas

Edited by DerTimmy

8 hours ago, DerTimmy said:

yeah those heads. thought i fixed that :D dunno why this happens. but fixed it now.

which difficulty you played on? maybe you can tell which maps? i was a noob at scripting at that time. i will go through the maps and redesign the arenas, but that may take a while. im still working on this as im not happy with the overall quality

we played it on 6th difficulty, the hardest one.

Oh and I forgot to mention other bugs in coop. 

1) if you pet cats, the petting hand animation can be seen only at hosting player. Joining player cant see it. It also works this way when joining player is petting the cat. He see no petting animation and the host player will see the animation, even if he is on other side of the map. Nothing deal breaking, just a minor graphical bug.

2) The second one is quite serious though. The joining player cannot use superpowers! When he is pressing superpower button, it will activate on host player! :D So my friend couldnt use any superpowers.

yes both things dont work. they are for player one. need to make an eventhandler and such thats why taunting should work. it has one. 2nd player collecting super energy shouldnt work either.

gonna look into it but this wasnt meant to be played coop.