"Flooded with Demons", a single limit-removing map made for NaNoWADMo 2021

"Flooded with Demons"*, is a single** limit-removing*** map for Doom 2, made for NaNoWADMo 2021. The theme of the map is a abandoned city level, because, you know, the demons is invading earth, you know just like your usual Doom 2 city level PWAD. If you play on a source port that support one of these: MAPINFO, EMAPINFO, UMAPINFO, there's a special text screen that will get triggered after you finished the map. The music used in the map is called "See the Shrews" by stewboy.

Special thanks to skillsaw for the WFALL textures I stole found from Valiant. (please let me know who is the guy that made the textures so I can credit them)

FloodedWithDemons.zip

*The original name of the map was actually "Flooded with Water", which is why you see quite a lot of WFALL textures in the map

**I just can't do 32 map, I can't stomach it

***I really want this map to be vanilla compatible, but unfortunately the visplane is all messed up

Additional info:

Spoiler

Advanced engine needed Limit-removing

Primary purpose : Single play

===========================================================================

Title : Flooded with Demons

Filename : FloodedWithDemons.zip

Release date : October 22, 2021

Author : lokbustam257

Other Files By Author : you don't want to know

Misc. Author Info : The author doesn't have a Twitter account, but he does have a Discord.

Description : The story (that doesn't make any sense): So you making a map for Doom, an epic 32 level megawad. You're just done with your work, so you take a rest, but OH NO!, the demons just invaded Earth, but luckily they didn't notice you sleeping in your room. And then you're realized everyone (including UAC employee that still alive) just escaped to space. Fortunately, there's a hidden switches that will alert everyone in space. It's just the switches is not easy to get into because there's 200 monsters waiting for you. So as you might have guessed, the only solution to this is kill them all.

Additional Credits to : -Skillsaw, for the WFALL texture I found from Valiant, ZenNode, for making my life easier

===========================================================================

* What is included *

New levels : Only 1

Sounds: No

Music : Yes

Graphics : Yes (technically)

Dehacked/BEX Patch : No

Demos : No

Other : It has a MAPINFO, EMAPINFO, and UMAPINFO :D

Other files required : Doom 2 IWAD

* Play Information *

Game : Doom 2

Map # : MAP01

Single Player : Designed for

Cooperative 2-4 Player : Player starts only

Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No

Other game styles : None

Difficulty Settings : Yes (technically)

* Construction *

Base : New from scratch

Build Time : 5 days I think (including the long rest)

Editor(s) used : Doom Builder X, Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE

Known Bugs : Sometimes, the monster teleporting horde in the end doesn't wake up, which make the last area completely empty and easy

May Not Run With : Vanilla, because the visplane is all messed up

Tested With : Eternity Engine 4.02, LZDoom 3.88, Doom Retro 4.3

Screenshots:

Spoiler

etrn06.png.f85117ca581d32693eb796a9ec3ca6a4.pngetrn07.png.637649a5025ab8f5945fcb32de19ff06.pngetrn08.png.aff5e26341b672319ab51916dbfec22a.png

Spoiler

oh i forgot one thing, the map is a slaughter map :D

Edited by lokbustam257
added a s in screenshot

Looks cool! It's always good to see more city maps! For what map slot is intended?

Edited by Walter confetti

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Looks cool! It's always good to see more city maps! For what map slot is intended?

It's MAP01, but honestly there's isn't an intended slot, you can play it whichever map slot you happy most

17 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Ok, so you changed the sky graphic to fit the map aesthetic? Or you used the special line 271?

I just renamed SKY2 to SKY1 in the texture editor, there's no special linedef involved