The UnMaking: 40 visions of madness for Doom 64 (VERSION 2.6!)

I'm Only 5 maps in so far but what an adventure! Am a little on edge As I just failed a few times to not get killed in your Wad. Specifically the ghost level, very cool use of Doom 64s Game engine. I love how each level has a distinct feel and tone as a lot of the original D64 levels felts like a slog at times. 

And thank you for including the Bat files to One click play, I will Download the Doom 64 source port eventually, especially seeing what cool things can be done with the engine,  but loved how it used my Steam version without Calibration on my end, very user friendly! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 4:34 AM, scwiba said:

For the best experience, I highly recommend playing in the remaster.

Out of curiosity, why the remaster instead of doom ce or some other port? Do you find the remaster is the best version, or is it a compatability/testing thing?

20 hours ago, BarbarianGrunge said:

Out of curiosity, why the remaster instead of doom ce or some other port? Do you find the remaster is the best version, or is it a compatability/testing thing?

The Remaster version is the most updated one that scwiba has made. Molecicco made the port of UnMaking to CE, but it hasnt incorporated the newest additions.

On 9/28/2023 at 3:46 AM, BarbarianGrunge said:

Immorpher is correct about CE. The reason I don't recommend EX or EX+ is due to a number of relatively minor issues:

• Visual differences, mostly related to skies. At least one sky does not display correctly in EX/EX+, but in general I think they just look better in the remaster. Fog is also thicker and more intrusive in EX/EX+, a noticeable annoyance in maps like 13, 22, and 37.
  • Kill percentage is calculated including enemies that failed to spawn in and were therefore impossible to kill. There are many maps where you can't get 100%.
  • Demon keys are carried over after the death exits in maps 08, 16, 24, 35, and 39 (which are designed to wipe out the player's inventory). This can at times affect the intended difficulty curve.
  • The player is unable to pick up duplicate keys, which is relevant for map26, where it means a certain secret cannot be accessed.

Edited by scwiba