Favorite Doom Midi and why?

5 hours ago, Nefelibeta said:

I found map01 of tnt pretty catchy, it suits perfectly for a short and sweet opener.

I can definitely agree with that statement, it sounds awesome

I've always had a strong affinity for Doom II Map18 and 27 "Waiting for Romero to Play". Theres just something about the quiet spookiness of that track that I just can't get enough of.

The Dave D. Taylor Blues, from Maps 08, 14 and 22 of Doom 2. Map 08 is one of my favorite maps on the game and I love the panning on this track so much!

I like imp song best midi in classic doom

but if were talking about doom mod midis street surfer from heartland joe satriani vibes pretty sure the name is a reference to surfing with the alien 

Into Sandy's City (the best one)
Shawn's Got the Shotgun
Intermission (Doom II)
Intermission from DOOM
Blood Jungle (or maybe Horizon instead)
Smells Like Burning Corpse

Edited by Hitboi

Into Sandy's City is probably my favorite.

I used to love D_RUNNIN as a kid, but now it heavily grates on me. Some days I still enjoy listening to it, but most of the time, not.

Freedoom's E3M4 music (by Blueworrior)

James Paddock - The Godhood Suite

The entire TNT: Evilution MIDI Pack (not biased at all :P)

If I have to pick from the official MIDIs... Sign of Evil stands out the most from Doom 1, Into Sandy's City for Doom 2, and Blood Jungle for TNT.

For the original games my favorite is E1M9 "Hiding The Secrets", But if any wad counts then Archives of the Technomancer and Hate Machine are easily the best ones I've listened to.

• 8 months later...

One Night in Neo Kobe City from Snathcer. This MIDI is just incredibly well done and gives me a feeling of traveling to another world. The track succeeds to keep the musical variety throughout its hole duration and is indeed reach in terms of notes, as well as instrumentally. This graceful MIDI perfectly suits Auger;Zenith's map 01 superlative atmosphere, IMO. One of the rare music tracks that really stays in a head and is definitely worth to listen even outside the game! 👌🎩

Edited by Geniraul
from Snatcher, not by Snatcher