Doom and Strife source code restoration

nukeykt

And so, Nuke.YKT decided to go even further than version 1.2, all the way back to the very first proper shareware release! On a side-note, so far, outside of Chex Quest, all covered versions included clear support for Doom II, to different extents. The sprite and mobj definitions were also the same. With shareware v0.99/1.0, the situation is obviously different now.

By the way, I've had really minor updates to batch scripts in the Doom, Strife, Build and Duke3D sub-modules. Earlier in this November, it was discovered that the lack of use of the command-line switch /S for the program CHOICE was apparently a mistake. It might not be observed as a problem in DOSBox v0.74-3, but it otherwise was. Let's hope this is fixed now.

For a small update, after bringing up the topic of running a reconstructed Doom v0.99/1.0 binary that uses APODMX, Nuke.YKT realized that APODMX was incompatible with v0.99/1.0. That was correct, due to API changes in the functions SFX_PlayPatch and SFX_SetOrigin: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Random_sound_pitch_removed

Thus, I decided to update the APODMX repository, so it should let you build two versions using the different APIs in separate sub-folders now. I also updated all of the Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife repositories accordingly. I further applied technical modifications to the Heretic and Hexen repositories related to the DOBUILD.BAT and DOCLEAN.BAT scripts, making them and related files closer to the ones for Doom and Strife (and partially also Build and Duke3D).

Played cooperative game with @NY00123 using reconstructed doom v0.99 sources

NY00123's video (uses APODMX)

my video (uses DMX):

Edited by nukeykt