Blood Flash 2 - Short vanilla megawad (15 maps)

could just add this to blood flash 1, since, y'know, bf1 is only 2 maps

edit: i dont remember why i sent this, it was pointless to send anyways

Edited by Paf

55 minutes ago, Paf said:

could just add this to blood flash 1, since, y'know, bf1 is only 2 maps

I don’t see why this matters.

I love the use of Heretic's font for the STBAR. It's very tasteful and creative :^)

Figured I would add my video to this thread, parts 2 and 3 on the channel.  Great set of vanilla maps, definitely mostly on the shorter and easier side, a bit inconsistent in difficulty and theme but like you said you gathered these maps from different contexts.  I'm no doom god but I got through without saves, not a lot of dying so it's fun to try that way.  Last level without saves was a bit of a stinger, took me all told about an hour and half and trying multiple tactics, but it's a fun series of combat puzzles.  Definitely into your style and looking forward to trying more of your stuff!

Oh yeah and the chaingun is very fast and very satisfying to use, lol.  I gotta get me one of those!

Edited by sandwedge

Good stuff! Small maps, but sometimes they really pack a punch. You make good use of the room provided, repopulating it and timing ambushes pretty well. The set is a bit heavy on the techbases, I would have loved to see the same format in different styles. Diversify!

A few misalignments, especially on stairs and windows. The latter are no big deal, they kind of frame the space, but the former I'd take a look at. 

Here's my checking out Maps 1-4 of this WAD in Walpurgis:

Short and punchy levels again! Lots of them the last few weeks, and that's great from my perspective, its my favourite type. I especially liked the secrets I found as well, they had a very Romero feel to them.

Thanks Hayden!  Here's part 2:

With a thumbnail from that funny level Meat Bosses.  Tried to correct some hot mic issues with the audio so a bit quieter but should be ok.  The second half of the video is all the last level, which gave me a pounding for a little while so be aware there is ample profanity!  haha.  It seems like I did it to myself a bit because I didn't come up with a great strategy at first, but I eventually learned.  Interested to hear what you intended for the last level!

I also thought the difficulty took a very weird curve in the wad by getting substantially easier halfway through and then ramping up again to be much harder.  Not sure if you want to address that or not, as I'm sure you were aware of it, but I found it to be ok despite it.  Though difficulty for me had to do with the levels getting longer since I was trying not to save, so maybe it's just that they got shorter.

Going to upload the beating the final level soon, took me another half an hour.  Pretty straightforward once I figured it out, but ammo is quite tight.

I love the screenshots here, the dark palette and the fog of pixels creates a very opressive atmosphere. I can't wait to try it out!

Edited by Noiser

On 3/24/2022 at 9:03 PM, Egg Boy said:

I don’t see why this matters.

i don't remember why i thought it mattered anyway

I finished it, even the crazy map 15 with some coaching from Biodegradable lol

I didn;t even try to get all kills for these ones I mostly ran for it

This was a tough one saveless!  I ended up pulling through, not quite a UV max because ammo is pretty tight, I almost consider doing something stupid to get the last like 3 kills but it was a bad idea.