128 Linedefs, 64 Things - A Community Project [1.3.3, finally]

3 minutes ago, gabirupee said:

Can i use custom skys?

Beware that in vanilla Doom, custom skies can also be used as wall textures, which goes against the rules of this comproj.

Not sure if 64 things in total or just 64 monsters.

Anyhow my map's done.

Map name: Stargazer
MIDI: PRIMEVAL, stewboy, Jimmy - Bound for Glory
Build time: 1 hour
Editor used: Ultimate Doom Builder

dotQLL-128L64T-Stargazer.zip

Just now, dotQLL said:

Not sure if 64 things in total or just 64 monsters.

Anyhow my map's done.

Map name: Stargazer
MIDI: PRIMEVAL, stewboy, Jimmy - Bound for Glory
Build time: 1 hour
Editor used: Ultimate Doom Builder

dotQLL-128L64T-Stargazer.zip

Ok! ill delete the mapping starts deadline, you can map at any time :)

also its 64 things in total.

Edited by Frost-Core

Just now, Frost-Core said:

Ok! ill delete the mapping starts deadline, you can map at any time :)

I'll still probably start on the 30th, as most of my free time is dedicated to my cp.

Wanna make wood'n'metal styled map for this CP. Moderately slaughterish (AVs are booked), so i expect it can fits slot 18-22

Just now, CblBOPOTKA said:

Wanna make wood'n'metal styled map for this CP. Moderately slaughterish (AVs are booked), so i expect it can fits slot 18-22

Ok you are in! i give you MAP18.

28 minutes ago, dotQLL said:

Very fun and action packed, for once chaingunners aren't able to turn me into swiss cheese in seconds if I look away for a second, and the secrets are thoughtful and findable, two things I love when secrets are! 

7 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Ya take it!

Also, write me as “LSC Lasico” instead of the username you see rn.

I swear i would change it the moment i could, but when i tried, it said that “must be registered for more than 6 months to change username”

50 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Sure!

Okay! So MAP19 is called "Fractalize" and it'll be done within few days. My mind is dead set on abusing vertices, the switch to abusing lines may take a while.

15 hours ago, LGmaire said:

@Frost-Core I'm interested in the concept and I think I can put something up pretty quickly, can I take the map11 slot?

Sure! also keep in mind there is a new rule where you can put anything under 64 if you wanted

Edited by Frost-Core

7 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Who is the WAD packer  and dehacker for this?

I could, perhaps

I came up with something I'm kinda happy about for a map where I can only use 128 linedefs.

This is "Circle of Gatekeeping", a map that uses midgrate like a bunch of times. Midi is "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" by U2, taken from Long Beach Dwango map03. 

this map is very cool I guess.

I playtested it with a bunch of sourceports including chocolate doom, and from what I've seen there aren't any errors yet.

Here's a screenshot as well if you want to take a quick look at the map.

Spoiler

image.png.40a703d9cac43f2685cb0824c94cd3ef.png

Any criticism about the map is welcome.

Edited by LGmaire

17 minutes ago, LGmaire said:

I came up with something I'm kinda happy about for a map where I can only use 128 linedefs.

This is "Circle of Gatekeeping", a map that uses midgrate like a bunch of times. Midi is "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by" U2, taken from Long Beach Dwango map03. 

this map is very cool I guess.

I playtested it with a bunch of sourceports including chocolate doom, and from what I've seen there aren't any errors yet.

Here's a screenshot as well if you want to take a quick look at the map.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.40a703d9cac43f2685cb0824c94cd3ef.png

Any criticism about the map is welcome.

Played through it, first of all you really should be happy about it very solid and fun map :D, and about the criticism i think the secret should be more rewarding like having a blue armor or a medkit instead of a armor bonus.

Name: Bogos Anomaly, Download: 128L64T_KW.zip
Format: Doom 2, -complevel 2
Linedefs: 128
Things: 64
Monsters: 36
MIDI used: Courtyard of the Damned, by Jimmy, from Fusion Mapping
Difficulty Settings: UV only, but made to be fast paced + force quick thinking, and be beatable with some effort by intermediate skilled players.
COOP: None
Deathmatch: None
Tested in: dsda-doom 0.24.3, with -complevel 2

Description: Started out as a STARTAN-only room that was focused on a mini combat puzzle, inspired by D5DA2 and Italo Doom, had some sector lighting to make the room less bland but also scary looking, but I just couldn't bring myself to use only the default textures even for a sorta speedmap, maybe another day.. lol.

Description 2: Made this very hard initially and managed to beat it just a few times, decided it was too evil for a MAP10 slot and changed some monsters.

UDB stats for nerds:
2.PNG.4f2d52a2dbf02ea7d872be61e8ac50a2.PNG

Screenos:
doom350.png.a795916c481defdde8ec3f783383e24b.png
doom356.png.2aa8104c74fad2e728a0034a3d967733.png

Edited by knifeworld
added port tested

10 hours ago, Arsinikk said:

@Frost-Core I'll do map21, if that's ok with you. I recently did one-half of a 100 line megawad, so this'll be easy for me.

Ok!