What country are you from?

10 hours ago, Kebab_Hill12 said:

You..... are what...? 

He is French, East of France.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:59 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

Because British people can't say "t" such as bottle of water becoming "ba'ah o wa'ah."  Now, Americans believe this lore: (no offense)

depends, i guess. afaik, the brits generally do say "telly" and not " 'elly" for television, and properly say "football" for a certain sport that involves playing a ball with the feet and not with the hands. i may be wrong as usual, though :)

CHILE EL MEJOR PAÍS DE CHILE 🗣🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🇨🇱🇨🇱🇨🇱🇨🇱🇨🇱 RAAAAAGH 🇨🇱🔥🇨🇱🔥🇨🇱🔥🇨🇱🔥🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣 QUE CARAJO ES UN DICCIONARIO

On 2/19/2024 at 5:17 AM, DiceByte said:

Born in Australia, living in Australia. Free healthcare forever, bitches!

Is it good though?

11 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Is it good though?

If you put aside the fact that we have the most poisonous creatures in the world roaming around freely here, yeah. It’s nice. Just check your toilet for snakes every time you are taking a shit.

16 hours ago, DiceByte said:

If you put aside the fact that we have the most poisonous creatures in the world roaming around freely here, yeah. It’s nice. Just check your toilet for snakes every time you are taking a shit.

Are sharks and saltwater crocodiles a daily threat?

Edited by user76828904
grammar

On 2/19/2024 at 9:17 PM, DiceByte said:

Born in Australia, living in Australia. Free healthcare forever, bitches!

People don't die while waiting in an emergency department nor die while on the waiting list for surgery in your state?  I mean, at least in the u.s you won't die waiting, you'll "only" go bankrupt... I have a broken toe atm and I can't get anything but telehealth because of my location (capital city mind you).  At that stage, google can tell you as much as anyone over the phone.

On 2/25/2024 at 11:33 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

Is it good though?

I live in one of the smaller state capitals and people dying while on the waiting list for surgery is very real, my parents have to pay out $400 a month each for private hospital insurance to avoid this.  People have died while waiting to be seen in an ER.  Mental health patients are put in a room with a bed on the floor for up to a week while waiting for a bed in a mental health ward.  One mental health patient was able to walk out because their mental health order expired before they were seen.  Assuming you're in the u.s or somewhere without universal health care?  As I said to Dicebyte, you may go bankrupt after a hospital visit in the u.s but at least you won't die while waiting for treatment.  Don't even get me started about dental.  40% of the middle class admit to not going to the dentist because they can't afford it.  Public dental is for taking teeth out, they don't do anything preventative.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:48 PM, rita remton said:

depends, i guess. afaik, the brits generally do say "telly" and not " 'elly" for television, and properly say "football" for a certain sport that involves playing a ball with the feet and not with the hands. i may be wrong as usual, though :)

Maybe only the t is silent in the middle of the word.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Maybe only the t is silent in the middle of the word.

the T is actually not silenced linguistically it just becomes glottal stop (approximately: the pause between uh-oh), and yes it only happens in the middle of the word, most often with two T, i.e. butter, batter, bottle, bottom.

Also the T-Dropping only regularly happens in several working class accents in Southern England, the Posh accent (RP or SSP) aka the higher class/ BBC accents/ Queen's English; pronounce the T in-between words presently and strongly.

apologise for being off topic :)

Edited by fai1025

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I'm Dutch and up until last year I was living in the south of the Netherlands.

Now me and my family have moved to the Flemish Region of Belgium. It felt like home quite quickly. Belgium is a lovely country.

Edited by Arno