Do you destroy all the explosive barrels or leave them?

Do you destroy all the explosive barrels or leave them?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Destroy all barrels or no?

• Yes, I destroy every barrel
    • No, I don't bother

I destroy them when I want the splash damage to hit some monster(s), or when I think there's the risk of a monster doing the same to me.

Only if there are monsters nearby, or they block the way, or they're a threat to my Doomguy due to level design, or there are a lot of them clustered so it's gonna make a fun chain reaction.

If it's just like one barrel in a corner of an empty room where I don't need to go near, yawn.

If their splash radius reaches any part of a naviagateable area, always destroy. There is always a risk it'll come back to bite you later if you leave a barrel and a stray projectile explodes it at a wrong moment. Use any you can in combat, dispose of the rest in a controlled manner, rather than uncontrolled.

So I destroy every relevant barrel but I won't needlessly snipe one sitting 3 km away in the map background.

Edited by idbeholdME

Even when playing, I think as mapper. So I wait for a horde of low tier dudes to explode with the barrels. If no such horde comes, there's two options. Either I like how the barrels fit the room aesthetically, or I don't. Their fate depends solely on their surrounding area. It's all about the A E S T H E T I C S

Sometimes. If I think they're more likely to kill me than the enemies or if they're hiding a possible secret wall/supplies though, I've no issue with shooting them. Otherwise, I just leave them alone because it's nor worth it to shoot them mostly, especially if they're by themselves.

If there are demons nearby, I wait for a perfect moment for them to be useful.

Otherwise, free serotonin.

Usually no, but they still sometimes deserve to be destroyed because it's satisfying to see them explode.

There's toxic shit in those barrels! You have to blow them up otherwise OSHA will shut everything down. The best way to destroy them is with your fists! Do it now before the inspectors arrive!

now all someone needs to do is add a barrel completion percentage in the map screen for the real OCDers out there.

22 minutes ago, sandwedge said:

now all someone needs to do is add a barrel completion percentage in the map screen for the real OCDers out there.

ScoreDoom did just that.

Now that I've played No End In Sight, I usually leave them until I'm extra sure they aren't going to be important later.

Most of the time, no, but if I'm dealing with a particularly devious mapper, or I happen to notice they've arranged 10 of them in the same spot, then I'm not going to be taking my chances.

Im surprised not everyone does there own little barrel crusade to explode all of there barrel kind