ACE Engine v2 - DOS Doom II [vanilla++?]

kgsws

On 4/1/2024 at 2:23 PM, I6g9o5r1 said:

Okay, thanks. Also, i got a question: does it support zdoom acs?

It does not.

But you can do limited, but still way more powerful than boom conveyor belts, scripting using DECORATE. Check demo wad, it uses that a lot.

• 1 month later...

The video is in Russian, but I think it can be freely watched with YouTube's automatically translated English subtitles.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 9:20 AM, DRON12261 said:

The video is in Russian, but I think it can be freely watched with YouTube's automatically translated English subtitles.

Pretty cool video. Very nice look at features of my demo WAD.

* Yes, almost every location and scripted event is inspired by other game or other doom mod. (Even green-fog rooms are. Can you guess which Doom mod inspired those?)

* Arch-viles can't resurrect gibbed enemies. Yes, they can resurrect each other. But not if you gib them - that is my counter-balance. Plus, you can gib corpses!

* Interesting point about ammo balance. I did design ammo placement and respawn to be "just enough". But maybe "just enough" only for me since i know where everything is. (And there's a secret ammo stash at "The Unseen" map.)

* Many weapons have alt-fire. Sometimes useful. You can load up to 4 rockets in rocket launcher and fire all at once. Or you can make plasma ball explode for much more splash damage.

* Grenades are extremely powerful.

* Enemies drop "demon essence" that powers all weapons at slot 8. All these weapons use no ammo and are extremely buffed when you pick up invulnerability.

* Force field generator item could be useful. It blocks hitscan and reflects projectiles.

* Super-Secret-Puzzle sequence is my idea. And to prevent "solution sharing" it is not randomized at the start of the map, but a bit later. Solution is shared in my youtube video.

* MAP30, the last level, has different game play. You can't use rockets to win.

* One commander keen is replaced with another ... game reference ... and it gives you a secret weapon.

Edited by kgsws