Deep Space Thruster (Boom map)

Blool map, have an FDA on HNTR (prb+)

KSD_fdabygal.zip

It's a bit long I think (15 min at least, one death plus loosing track of progress), so if you watch it you'll notice a couple oddities I wasn't sure about, though in general I did fine. Those include:

- Floating cell packs 

- Some strange delayed tp-ing monsters, though I guess probably intentional.

- RK guardian was too frightening, hope she was well paid

Played this map and beat it but I died a couple of times. The traps are ruthless and I kept falling into space a lot. It's well made though.

Edited by Mercury Spade

Damn, the combination of hundreds of revenants and lack of cover is pretty irritating.

The finale is cool enough, zombiemen and imps are surprisingly lethal, not sure if it's intended but I never grabbed a second blursphere. :)

Spoiler

1964668437_QQ20220811115046.png.bd36101ad5ca7ce18141da306e2abfde.png

29 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

not sure if it's intended but I never grabbed a second blursphere

Spoiler

I don't map with "intended approaches" since I don't think they are a good model -- but I usually ignore the first invisibility at first (and pseudo-speedrun the start of the map, leaving the four viles roaming), and try to stay partial invis in the big arena with all the arachnotrons because that helps the turret cyb aim wildly and target (via splash damage) the imps and revvies and other monsters congregating outside.

Both sound entirely backwards but are both quite a bit easier than something that seems more logical. ;)

Believe it or not, UV has only 70 revenants. For engaging those directly, I try to get 200/200 and then stack many BFG shots at a wall and run straight through them, or do the same but with an invul secret.

Sick map.

Spoiler

Found success in doing:
Rocket launcher -> PE closet (take backpack) -> green switch to bfg room -> platform to tower -> AVJ to invuln + kill vile and cyber -> return down to clusterfuck, avj to 2nd invuln -> clean up -> finale. Avoiding blur spheres as much as possible.

Love the AVJ secrets :)

Edited by Maribo

This is great, one of my favorite maps of yours. Played on HNTR, and I liked that the fighting mainly revolved around infighting and mobility and resources, at least on that setting. I did find one bug with the backpack secret: 

Spoiler

Instead of finding the switch, I tried to straferun onto the ledge, which was successful. But that meant I got stuck in the illusio-pit with the Arch-Vile.

You're at your evilest here. Arch-vile jump secrets? Well, too bad it could probably use some work at least when it comes to attempting the Invulnerbility.

Playthrough video (from a couple days ago). 

On 8/12/2022 at 12:15 PM, Not Jabba said:

This is great, one of my favorite maps of yours. Played on HNTR, and I liked that the fighting mainly revolved around infighting and mobility and resources, at least on that setting. I did find one bug with the backpack secret: 

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! It kind of plays like that in all difficulties. (In fact the only thing I'd recommend against in my video for a survival-oriented approach is leaving the BK cyb behind and then platforming back up to it. Also botching the last fight. :P) 

5 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

You're at your evilest here. Arch-vile jump secrets? Well, too bad it could probably use some work at least when it comes to attempting the Invulnerbility.

They are easy-ish jumps (with positioning at least) and one has a bunny with a SSG. I don't think that's very "evil" tbh.

It'd be evil if they were mandatory progression, which would actually not be a reach because anti-gravity/propulsion fits the space theme. >:D

On 8/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, galileo31dos01 said:

- Some strange delayed tp-ing monsters, though I guess probably intentional.

This seems like nodebuilder weirdness. 

• 3 weeks later...