John Wick and Doom

Snark

So I'm drunk and bored and rewatched John Wick for the second time.

I hadn't noticed that when he receives the dog at the beginning he looks at her dog tag and says :"Daisy... Of course..."

Not wanting to brag but I have a rather large cinematographical culture and cannot think of ANY reference to explain this, apart from our favorite game.

Anyway, someone had to pay for her death...

My dog is named Daisy, and I didn't even think about the connection between Daisy the rabbit, and Daisy my dog when I named her that. I've been playing Doom for 29 years now, and I never connected the two when I was deciding on a name. Her little splotch of fur over her right eye made me think of a Daisy.

Spoiler

YGcsMwP.jpg

It's a pretty common name for a dog.

And it could have more to do with his wife having a bracelet with daisies on it.

But you're right, it's probably an obscure reference to a computer game that was released 19 years before the movie came out. That was released two years before the reboot of Doom came out in 2016. This makes sense.

*Edited to fix syntax and spoiler the picture of my dog. But you should click on the spoiler, she's a cute little Daisy.

Edited by Jello

8 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Dog confirmed cute 10/10.

I'm glad that now I'm not relying solely on in person interactions, but I also have internet confirmation that she is indeed cute. She's also a good girl.

Edited by Jello

30 minutes ago, Jello said:

I'm glad that now I'm not relying solely on in person interactions, but I also have internet confirmation that she is indeed cute. She's also a good girl.

So cute I forgot my sarcastic response to the OP.

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Not wanting to brag but I have a rather large cinematographical culture and cannot think of ANY reference to explain this, apart from our favorite game.

Yes, because no one and no thing has ever been named Daisy in the history of ever except that bunny.

Why do I hear the Dukes of Hazzard theme song in my head all of sudden? Strange...

18 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

So cute I forgot my sarcastic response to the OP.

Yes, because no one and no thing has ever been named Daisy in the history of ever except that bunny.

Why do I hear the Dukes of Hazzard theme song in my head all of sudden? Strange...

I think we're getting way too old for this shit. 

Edit: Although to be fair, if someone intentionally killed my dog, I could see myself flipping on my bitch switch. That's like killing one of my family members. Because she is family. Same thing if they killed my cat. So that's why I really do like the John Wick movies; you don't fuck with peoples pets.

Edited by Jello