The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

Eurisko

The graphic for the word 'total' is in the current PWAD in the idGames Archive.

There will be a new upload that fixes some other small issues.

3 hours ago, t.v. said:

The graphic for the word 'total' is in the current PWAD in the idGames Archive.

There will be a new upload that fixes some other small issues.

yeah, I made that comment 2 weeks ago, before we had the idgames version available, to make notes of what I was hoping the idgames version would have vs the unity version.  currently the idgames version is working just fine for me (had an issue with textures in the Crispy Doom port, but it was fixed by simply removing a marker type in slade).  many thanks to you and your brother for all the hard work, plus plums, Devalaous, and Firebert :D

Edited by MugMonster

• 1 month later...

So, back in 2019, this was the title screen for the game, and as we all know this got replaced when the big 2020 patch came in.

My question is, does anyone has a screenshot of this titlescreen for Doom II (taken from the Switch version for consistency reasons) or does it still exist in the LUMPs in the current version?
Doom-Unity2019-titlescreen.png.b40a7906b86c62a254354823e0de002b.png

Edited by ZeroTheEro

11 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

My question is, does anyone has a screenshot of this titlescreen for Doom II (taken from the Switch version for consistency reasons) or does it still exist in the LUMPs or the current version?

Yes, it still exists in the re-release's IWAD file.

61-AE8399-4-C34-4737-9087-858-C7-D2-EC0-

The same DMENUPIC also can be found in BFG Edition's IWAD file.

Just now, Berubaretto said:

Yes, it still exists in the re-release's IWAD file.

61-AE8399-4-C34-4737-9087-858-C7-D2-EC0-

The same DMENUPIC also can be found in BFG Edition's IWAD file.

I'm well aware of the DMEMUPIC but I'm looking with the one with the logo and the bottom text included.

5 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

I'm well aware of the DMEMUPIC but I'm looking with the one with the logo and the bottom text included.

. . . Didn’t you just post it yourself?

Besides, unless I’m mistaken, that image with the text wouldn’t be in the game files as the text was a different image. 

1 hour ago, Faceman2000 said:

. . . Didn’t you just post it yourself?

Besides, unless I’m mistaken, that image with the text wouldn’t be in the game files as the text was a different image. 

1 hour ago, ZeroTheEro said:

does anyone has a screenshot of the titlescreen (but) for Doom II (taken from the Switch version for consistency reasons)

Edited by ZeroTheEro

You can presumably recreate it yourself from DMENUPIC, M_DOOM, and whichever lump or lumps are used for the "💀 Press to Start 💀" message; though you would not get the exact same artifacts from scaling and stuff.

2 hours ago, ZeroTheEro said:

So, back in 2019, this was the title screen for the game, and as we all know this got replaced when the big 2020 patch came in.

My question is, does anyone has a screenshot of this titlescreen for Doom II (taken from the Switch version for consistency reasons) or does it still exist in the LUMPs in the current version?
Doom-Unity2019-titlescreen.png.b40a7906b86c62a254354823e0de002b.png

I don't have a screenshot but I have found this (at the 0:24 mark): 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @sponge @Edward850 (others here?)
Is the Unity port still in active development?
I had bugs to report to the team, such as the exit message, in Italian in the French version, or a bug that occurred in the key binding menu.

image.png.4d8703afe94b512f8c6e57518598320a.png

I tried to go through the classic procedure: open a support ticket, but I was kindly told to update my drivers and restart my PC...

Edited by Nixx

I don't think it is in actively development anymore since the last patch was like months ago, unfortunately and many issues I and other users on these forums and Steam pointed out haven't been addressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now thats not something I expected. It was one of the early ones I attempted to port myself, before a lot of the kinks of the engine were figured out.

EDIT: Its missing the deathmatch levels and the bonus map :(

Edited by Devalaous

On 10/16/2023 at 1:31 AM, ZeroTheEro said:

Those were dynamically overlaid over the image using Unity's UI system. I don't think any of those images were stored in the IWAD.

This is the backdrop used, pulled from the Unity resource files back in the day:

ltJORPK.png

^ There is also an HD version of that picture without the star that can be pulled from the PS3 version's files, it was the backdrop for when you hovered over the game, its what I used for my profile background here.

Nice to see further addon support for the 2019 unity ports! Especially to see a gem from 1996, I don't know all these wads, so its awesome to get them recommended.

As I was playing the official addons in an chronologial order, I would still need to start with BTSX 1. I postponed it to long. I played recently TNT Goes Boom! and it was awesome. But I am lacking now any awesome wad. Maybe I should really continue with the official addons.

Edited by Kyle07

8 hours ago, UnluckySpade7 said:

Anyone else having issues with double audio in the Xbox version?

Disable Dolby Surround. Something about it ain't quite right in Doom.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:25 PM, Man of Doom said:

Another WAD got added to the Elite Club of Probably Canon PWADs.

I never played this before (I heard the name before though). Indeed it feels like a great classic!

The Sky texture looks amazing!

The Titlepic and statusbar could have used an update, but I guess this is more OG.

It's also nice to read about how other people were struggling with editors back in the 90ties :-)

Edited by t.v.

49 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

Well, we finally have a 90s WAD as part of the official Unity port.

Plutonia and Evilution are also from 1996 ;-)

11 hours ago, t.v. said:

Plutonia and Evilution are also from 1996 ;-)

I don't really count those two due to them being officially licensed games. The Trooper's Playground is the very first actual 90s WAD to be added to the Unity Port.

1 minute ago, SteelPH said:

Revolution.

Revolution actually came out in 2001.

39 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Oh nice, both Sigil and Sigil II got added!

Sigil was actually the first community addon they added. I expected Sigil II sooner or later but that was fast!