Night Passage

Had a go... I found it quite scary; nice monster placement round the corner. Got as far as the tele.. didn't see the arachnotrons behind me whilst I was giving the imp's hell with the plasma. died pretty quick, ha 

Yes, keep em coming. Loved the gloomy/spooky setting and mood going on, as well as the calm bgm (where was it from?) and the fights and setups were all enjoyed. Unfortunately I missed a secret this time - didn't know the switch behind this one arachnotron was gonna end the map, though maybe I overlooked an exit sign somewhere. GG still. 

nghtpssg_FDAbygal.zip (HMP, dsda cl9)

Spoiler

- after clearing up the bright section, you may see that I pointed the fist to an archvile corpse and then punched the air elsewhere.. that would translate to "was I meant to fly over this before killing it?" because I know you put those types of secrets, but the further I look at your screenshot in the OP, the bigger that distant red dot gets... 

help i can't see.

i played on hntr.  cudos for resisting the urge to use any spectres.  i actually think a license should be required for mappers to put any amount of them in their maps.

I seem to have a habit of being the 15th liker to something so it gets starred.

but an rd map when autumn arrives? Could think of worse circumstances

Quality.

Really fun and intense. After beating UV using lots of loads I decided to check what changed on HMP

and had a less stressed but equally fun time, recorded the victorious saveless run.

You weren't kidding about UV I guess, because HMP was hard enough as it was! I was joking about Pain Elemental Gaming on Discord because of someone calling himself by the name of another monster but I didn't really expect to see any actual examples of it! Even though it was just one area. I do feel bad probably missing out on Doomcute in at least one of the secrets, but there you go.

lmd_nightpassage.zip

that was intense hahahah

But i like when it's intense but short

you surely know how to be hateful though, the souls were EVERYWHERE!

Played on uv, lot of swearing ofc.

Thanks

Just watched @Soulless playthrough. 

Spoiler

I swear I thought you had to platform to the secret switch on the computer panel across from the SSG, not shoot it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool demos. Loved the casual chainsaw vs. HK (Galileo), and picking up that the second MM can be used as a meatshields (Soulless). There is no Doomcute in this map. (There are plenty of design styles I like trying out, and I think the model a lot of people have as mappers being producers of One Thing is usually wrong.)

My 1st, messy attempt at a saveless run of UV (recorded shortly after this thread started). This was terrifying. UV is kind of Insane Mode after I realized that, yes, I'd like to make two cybs infight 18 PEs. HMP is closer to what I was originally designing as UV. 

You know it's a good map when the monster count triples thanks to pain elementals. 😅

I beat it on UV with saves, not a hope in hell I'll be doing that saveless, heh. Good stuff!