Balls of Steel Community Project (-cl21) 21 maps (Idgames!!)

"kind to blind players"

looks at screenshots

yep, I am definitely going to figure out how to survive those fights on the spot xD

Saw the opening trap of map02 and thought it would be good way to wake myself up in the morning. Ended up energized beating the whole thing. Good fun and great work from Miracle Water (who i presume is making their public debut?) on all aspects.

The deh changes and monster ecounter philosophy feel at once well thought out and inevitable for the genre, yet also like slaughter reaching untold heights of memery. No complaints so far.

Edited by Catpho

Congrats on the release! For those just discovering this wad for the first time, anticipate rocket launcher fun and light sequences!

7 hours ago, Catpho said:

Good fun and great work from Miracle Water (who i presume is making their public debut?) on all aspects.

MiracleWater was also responsible for CUTRUN.wad (which is excellent)!

Part one of my playthrough. I switched between HMP and UV but landed on HMP because much hard. Forgive my mald:

Edited by Meowgi

BOSCP14x433.zip                                                                                                                                                                                       

Spoiler

Really enjoying this so far!

Currently testing RC2 and both MAP10 and MAP 33 are lagging so hard that they are unplayable for me. I’m using GZDoom 4.10.0 on an M2 MacBook Air.

Also, I noticed that the key messages don’t seem correct. In MAP01, for instance, the gold skull switch has a message about needing the *blue* skull. Screenshot attached.

Hope that’s helpful as you get close to a final release.

Overall really loving the project!

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 4.05.27 PM.png

PS, You might want to update the death messages for the custom enemies!

1777839996_Screenshot2022-12-20at3_36_36PM.png.5141343edf464ae78f9a1736fcdddca5.pngdn’t 

Edited by Isthmuses
image didn’t attach first time

• 2 weeks later...

In the idgames upload, BoSCP_EXTRAINFO.txt is lacking map authors for map10, 12 and 15. Had to look them up in the OP.

A general observation applying to many projects: incomplete/inconsistent documentation of maps and soundtracks makes it difficult/frustrating to keep the wiki up-to-date.

50 minutes ago, Xymph said:

In the idgames upload, BoSCP_EXTRAINFO.txt is lacking map authors for map10, 12 and 15. Had to look them up in the OP.

A general observation applying to many projects: incomplete/inconsistent documentation of maps and soundtracks makes it difficult/frustrating to keep the wiki up-to-date.

Oh sry

BoSCP15x1209.zip                                                                                                                                                                                     

Spoiler