Cacowards 2023 Mentionation Thread: You Don't Need To Post Myhouse Again

Obsidian

Obligatory: MyHouse.pk3

Whoever is behind @Veddge deserves a Cacoaward so much, it's a masterful piece of unfiction and a true work of GZDoom art. I only wish I knew who actually made it so I can follow their work going forward.

+ 1 MyHouse.wad (As in the pk3) is a given.
If not, what are you doing with your life.

Edited by Polyg0n
reasons

On 5/17/2023 at 11:43 PM, Mr Masker said:

It says Clusterfuck released in 2019. Are you talking about something more recent?

yes it is true , sorry .
There is no real rule and so I made an effort to look for something I had tried .
+  1 Punisher mod. ( a april 2023 mod)
is fresh
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=77466
keeps the feel of the videogame.
It lacks leaderboard otherwise it would be a nice gameplay mod.
Scoring points is nice as long as I want to beat others ! :D

Voting for Myhouse.pk3! Not even gonna say anything why or what but it earned it.

I suggest this one "human" monster pack - Hell from Earth - "Frank Castle simulator" by Nomakh.
Recently, there have been quite a few "human" monster packs that can be connected separately. Other obvious advantages are the ability to play through Zandronum and the great work in the "phrases" of opponents, which can create quite comical situations.

+1 Boomer: Beyond Vanilla. 

Huge maps that are insanely detailed using only stock textures. Some of these maps sure don't seem like it's all just stock; that's just how good the texture use and geometry is! Maps are huge and non-linear, but it didn't feel like a slog exploring them. Only 7 maps too, so even though each map will take a while to beat, there's just enough maps where it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Imp Act. V1.0 released this year so I figured I'd nominate it. Not mindblowing, but rather well made. 

Coming from me, a complete nobody who doesn't really know what makes a mod good aside from "I think it's fun," I don't expect this mention to mean anything. But I'm going to link to something I'd like to see evaluated for a Gameplay Mod Cacoward: Raging Bull by LossForWords.

If you ever wanted to know what it would be like if Tony Montana replaced the DoomGuy, this is about as close as you'll get.

Trying to hide the fact that I came back to this account because of Myhouse
I played GOODWAD today and it gave me Machaward vibes tbh

Another +1 to Austrian Avian Association.

Probably the most pure fun I've had playing doom all year.

I'll just place this here :)

Welcome to the 2023 Cacoawards My House Edition hosted by Doomworld. This year's trophy has been redesigned and specially crafted to feature a cacodemon descending upon a house. Let's get cozy and visit My House to celebrate the awards this year.

21 hours ago, Roofi said:

Cacowards 2023 in a nutshell

>BTSX E3

Oh, we have an optimist here.

I already mentioned MyHouse.wad, but there is another amazing WAD that caught my attention, too, so +1 to Wadazine CTF by The Wadazine CTF team: @Endless, @Arrowhead, @MrPred, @Flambeau & @spwnSH4Rk.

Edited by Geniraul
May 26: The hosters have been mentioned in the credits. June 7: The embedded link to the thread has been added for better visibility.

I don't know if someone else mentioned this, but another WAD I want to nominate is "Sensory Deprivation Chamber"

Edited by Polyg0n
oops

On 5/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, Suitepee said:

Although I already mentioned MyHouse earlier, I'm also going to suggest Space Cats Saga for a Cacoward having just finished it tonight.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/123893-space-cats-saga-20-update-290/

Yeah, throwing in another vote for Space Cats Saga, which has been growing for some time but added its final episode recently. It's a big dumb guilty pleasure mod.

I'd love to see more mods combining OP characters and levels designed for that absurd power-level. Slaughtermaps for dummies.

Myhouse is, of course, a given.

On 5/22/2023 at 2:44 AM, Serathis said:

Imp Act. V1.0 released this year so I figured I'd nominate it. Not mindblowing, but rather well made. 

Glad to see this get a mention. I enjoyed it

9 hours ago, Polyg0n said:

I don't know if someone else mentioned this, but another WAD I want to nominate is "Sensory Deprivation Chamber"

I also want to +1 this, the gameplay isn’t typically the most impressive or conceptually engrossing thing but the execution of the art style and the constant stream of unbelievably batshit art like map designs is just an amazing treat.

29 minutes ago, Polyg0n said:

The last one I would Mentionate for now... This is very frickin' beautiful.

That came out way long ago so it's not eligible.