dsda-doom v0.25.6 [2023-01-15]

On 4/25/2023 at 5:41 AM, Shepardus said:

Does the path to your IWAD contain any non-Latin characters? There have been some issues with those that I think have been fixed in the development version but not in a stable release yet.

It's regular characters but it contains spaces. Like "IWADs folder".

12 hours ago, mankubus said:

It's regular characters but it contains spaces. Like "IWADs folder".

Then its probably a problem with the launcher. Paths with spaces should be inside quotes

On 4/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, PBeGood4 said:

Then its probably a problem with the launcher. Paths with spaces should be inside quotes

I made it work, my question now is, how do you get the wide status bar? not stretched, but with the grey sides. And also, how do you improve how it looks? I've enabled OpenGL. What other settings could I tweak?

4 hours ago, mankubus said:

I made it work, my question now is, how do you get the wide status bar? not stretched, but with the grey sides. And also, how do you improve how it looks? I've enabled OpenGL. What other settings could I tweak? 

dsda-doom is not really designed for cooler look, it has almost zero cosmetic features.

for wide-hud you need to put an extra wad in the autoload folder: https://github.com/NightFright2k19/doom_widehud/releases/tag/v2206

I feel like an idiot but I need some help with the formatting for the HUD. All I'm trying to do is have show_stats with kills and secrets only but I am apparently not putting the arguments in correctly. This is what I put in there, but it's not working

doom ex
stat_totals 2 8 bottom_left show_kills show_secrets

I even tried switching them out and trying "vertical" just to see if that did anything and that doesn't work either. But if I put the arguments in any other position in the line the game won't boot giving me an "invalid hud component error"

It would be great if you could use controller buttons in the exit prompt. I've used dsda-doom 0.25.6 and controller's buttons bound to confirm, cancel and exit actions in menu did nothing.

1 hour ago, Beginner said:

It would be great if you could use controller buttons in the exit prompt. I've used dsda-doom 0.25.6 and controller's buttons bound to confirm, cancel and exit actions in menu did nothing.

I'll take a look. For the time being there's an option to disable the exit prompt.

On 4/30/2023 at 3:44 AM, siteod said:

I feel like an idiot but I need some help with the formatting for the HUD. All I'm trying to do is have show_stats with kills and secrets only but I am apparently not putting the arguments in correctly.

Those features don't exist in 0.25.6, if that's what you're using. To get a version's doc, you need to select the corresponding tag in github: https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom/blob/v0.25.6/docs/hud.md

But regardless, the values of those arguments are given directly: 0 for off, 1 for on. This needs to be clarified in the dev doc version.

In GZDOOM, it is possible to scale the intermission and screen border.
Can this also be done in DSDA-Doom?

8 hours ago, Dinoaur said:

In GZDOOM, it is possible to scale the intermission and screen border.
Can this also be done in DSDA-Doom?

No, except by changing the game's resolution itself.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:22 AM, dsda-dev said:

Those features don't exist in 0.25.6, if that's what you're using. To get a version's doc, you need to select the corresponding tag in github: https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom/blob/v0.25.6/docs/hud.md

But regardless, the values of those arguments are given directly: 0 for off, 1 for on. This needs to be clarified in the dev doc version.

ah well, that explains that lol thanks

Something i've noticed is that my GPU fan (I think) does a screething sound when looking at certain places. Also, I would like that the game starts on the last quickload and not restart the game when dead.

8 minutes ago, mankubus said:

Also, I would like that the game starts on the last quickload and not restart the game when dead.

Change the "death use action" setting to "reload."

44 minutes ago, mankubus said:

Something i've noticed is that my GPU fan (I think) does a screething sound when looking at certain places.

What is your FPS at? I experienced something similar a couple years back when OpenGL rendering was hitting FPS in the thousands. There is an option to cap it in the port now, whereas before I had to use RivaTuner.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, Shepardus said:

No, except by changing the game's resolution itself.

Would it be possible to add this, for the OG feel?

I'm not sure of who to ask.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:18 AM, Spectre01 said:

What is your FPS at? I experienced something similar a couple years back when OpenGL rendering was hitting FPS in the thousands. There is an option to cap it in the port now, whereas before I had to use RivaTuner.

Probably a gazillion, limiting it to monitor's hz fixed it. I cannot get used to the lack of Perk's smooth weapons mod tho, after ages of using it I cannot play the original doom anymore. I know there's some sort of dehack hack but im not sure. Couldn't this mod be made compatible with perk's stuff without breaking something?

4 minutes ago, mankubus said:

Probably a gazillion, limiting it to monitor's hz fixed it. I cannot get used to the lack of Perk's smooth weapons mod tho, after ages of using it I cannot play the original doom anymore. I know there's some sort of dehack hack but im not sure. Couldn't this mod be made compatible with perk's stuff without breaking something?

19 hours ago, Dinoaur said:

Would it be possible to add this, for the OG feel?

I'm not sure of who to ask.

Yeah, this would be cool. At the moment the only ports that keeps the intermission screen/statusbar at the original size and independent from game res are Eternity and Woof AFAIK.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:11 AM, Shepardus said:

Do you have to load the wad file, dehacked file or both?

21 hours ago, mankubus said:

Do you have to load the wad file, dehacked file or both?

Just the wad file for either.

I wonder if its only my laptop or the source port: In 0.25.6, when playing Sunlust map30, at the part where you first get the RL and the god machine (actually a clever vile setup, or something) starts resurrecting the dead demons, for some reason I can see the AVs through the floor, which has never happened before when I first played this in PrBoom+, and on YT vids it doesn't seem to happen either.

Spoiler

rJgCjgf.png

For some reason when I try to launch a WAD for DSDA-Doom v0.25.6 with qzdl 3-1.1, I get this error:

"dsda-doom v0.25.6 (https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom/)
dsda-doom is released under the GNU General Public license v2.0.
You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See the file COPYING for details.

Playing: HACX - Twitch 'n Kill
Unable to find required file "z""

https://github.com/lcferrum/qzdl/releases/tag/3-1.1

Any ideas?

Edited by Dinoaur

You should probably contact the developer for that launcher, because it sounds like it's producing a command line with bad arguments. It might help if you can see what command it generates as well.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:29 AM, Catpho said:

I wonder if its only my laptop or the source port: In 0.25.6, when playing Sunlust map30, at the part where you first get the RL and the god machine (actually a clever vile setup, or something) starts resurrecting the dead demons, for some reason I can see the AVs through the floor, which has never happened before when I first played this in PrBoom+, and on YT vids it doesn't seem to happen either.

I think this correlates with something I asked about earlier 

I have a request for a feature back-port from Woof! and Doom Retro.

I would be very happy to see a similar support for brightmaps textures. As well as support for BRGHTMPS, which originally appeared in Doom Retro and then was added to Woof! (in 11.0.0). BRGHTMPS itself makes it very easy and fast to implement brightmaps for different textures.

Lately I've been very focused on the DSDA & Woof! & Doom Retro ports (since they are the most popular and widely used ones for everything from Vanilla to MBF21). Right now I'm working on making a big texturepack which I'm going to implement brightmaps using BRGHTMPS later on. And of all this bunch only DSDA doesn't support it yet, so I would really like to see support for it in future updates.

1 hour ago, DRON12261 said:

I have a request for a feature back-port from Woof! and Doom Retro.

I would be very happy to see a similar support for brightmaps textures. As well as support for BRGHTMPS, which originally appeared in Doom Retro and then was added to Woof! (in 11.0.0). BRGHTMPS itself makes it very easy and fast to implement brightmaps for different textures.

Lately I've been very focused on the DSDA & Woof! & Doom Retro ports (since they are the most popular and widely used ones for everything from Vanilla to MBF21). Right now I'm working on making a big texturepack which I'm going to implement brightmaps using BRGHTMPS later on. And of all this bunch only DSDA doesn't support it yet, so I would really like to see support for it in future updates.

I agree with the @DRON12261, it would be great to see brightmaps textures in future updates

Feature request for controls: add a mouse strafe divisor on/off toggle like VMM (or some other form of "two different values on-the-fly").

Use case: don't have to sacrifice "mouse SR-50" for being able to do glides/zero presses/<insert other high precision set-up tricks>, as the two categories generally require opposite values - low for SR-50, high for precise tricks.

Two quality features and DSDA-Doom would be the best sourceport with vanilla support.

1. Launcher menu with options to choose IWAD, PWADS and complevel.

2. Really useful console with demo commands.

Is it possible to implement theese, even in far future ? Dragging and dropping or preparing executables with parameters is so unreliable.

57 minutes ago, Marcinyk said:

[...]

1. Launcher menu with options to choose IWAD, PWADS and complevel.

[...]

It does have this already, no? 

519519856_Screenshot2023-05-17alle14_40_52.png.ea9ec4be2bc3856c4dd66b9ed79af04f.png