[Boom/Idgames]Darkest Wave

Awesome stuff, congrats! Will play soon.

Edited by TheShep
link provided, now for a congrats!

Cool maps! I agree the difficulty is really rough on uv, particularly on blind runs in a couple of fights. Demos for these maps are going to be interesting.

I think there's a broken spawner on map03 (attached on spoiler), apart from that everything seemed to work fine.

Spoiler

image.png.1bbebafdff01c5ffcb84a11ac9454015.png

image.png.175a436f1713945ef5b3e8d6964b7df9.png

I played through the first map on UV; I had a tough time, had to save scum hard. I should have reduced the difficulty as you suggested, but I'm stubborn about playing anything lower than UV.

I recorded my playthrough in case you wanted to watch me struggle for an hour: 

I may play the other maps in the wad, I'll post videos if I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, that one is pretty rude indeed.
This is the first Doom wad I've played in 2023, and what a way to kick things off this year, haha.

Had a lot of fun with map 01. There's a lot of clever Pacifist-style fights, particularly the one leading to the blue key.
Death-Destiny would be proud !

Map 02 on the other hand left a bitter taste in my mouth, although I'm partly to blame as I played these maps on UV and endured severe ammo drought, as you mentioned.
Platforming was also not my cup of tea. Still, the static Cyberdemon harassing us from up top is as effective as ever.

Map 03 was a great closure.
Managed to soft-lock myself into this non-damaging slime pit, you may want to get that fixed :
darkes10.png

31 minutes ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

Map 02 on the other hand left a bitter taste in my mouth, although I'm partly to blame as I played these maps on UV and endured severe ammo drought, as you mentioned.
Platforming was also not my cup of tea. Still, the static Cyberdemon harassing us from up top is as effective as ever.

Yeah, I'd imagine there aren't that many players that think combining ammo conservation and platforming in a cramped map would be a good idea. But at least it worked to some degree. ;)

33 minutes ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

Map 03 was a great closure.
Managed to soft-lock myself into this non-damaging slime pit, you may want to get that fixed :

Nice catch, will fix this soon.

Again, thanks for giving this not-so-serious attempt at speedmapping a shot. Hopefully it doesn't frustrate you as much as it entertains you. ;)

• 6 months later...

Sike just kidding.

Stuff:

• Proper Wrap-up for the wad itself.
  • A anti-underhalls map. (for whatever goddamn reasons.)
  • Overhauled Map03
  • Overhauled lower difficulty settings.
  • ok that was it.

[[/Idgames]]

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I finally got around to playing this one it was great fun and well made.

I was walking around map04 trying to figure out where to begin before checking tab and realizing it was an ending level lol