Doomworld Maximum Project 2023 - Uploaded!

I finished my map for this in July but kept forgetting to post, woopsie.
Capture.PNG.a3cb165c0f94b1f7a78de55109ebfdec.PNG
Here it is with fixes to some sector effects that stopped working after switching to MBF21, plus some juicy difficulty settings finally implemented.

DMP23 KW MBF21-update 30Dec.zip

Map Name: Fatal Moon
Format: MBF21
MIDI: "On the Prowl" from C&C, by Frank Klepacki, midi rendition by Alluro95
author: knifeworld
Difficulty Settings: Yes!
Ports Tested: dsda-doom, including latest ver (0.27.5)
COOP: Starts placed but untested
Deathmatch: Same as coop

doom1295.png.d13746d63a7885160f197d173c93b313.png
doom1302.png.743101ec247cd3e94a8266979f3f8bda.png

Map name: sanguinem sol
Format: Boom(complevel-9)
MIDI:Ray of Hope - Corpse_Party - ShinkoNetCavy - GS
author: russin
Difficulty settings: yeah
Ports tested: Eternity engine
no coop and dm too

NwNFA70t_t.png

Edited by russin

Here's my map for this project.

Map name: Hellspital

Map Slot: MAP05
Format: Boom - DOOM 2 (DOOM format)
MIDI: Moaning Souls by James Paddock
Difficulty settings: Kinda implemented
Tested in: PrBoom Plus

Map description: It was an ordinary human hospital, but demons have taken it over and reconstructed it into Hell-spital, where Archvile-"doctors" ressurect dead demons, so they can continue their unholy crusade against humanity and DoomGuy.

hellspital.jpg.3f1ae16ba379a0a2e389e9e2b4b605ba.jpg

HELLSPITAL.zip

Edited by EagerBeaver

Just got back from holiday and spent some time remaking an old map. Hope you enjoy it!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20231231_164713.png.222faf500f7f33d9081b268d149459ba.png

Name: Shadows of the Dead

Play: Single and cooperative

Comp: Limit removing / -complevel 2

MIDI: Shadows of the Dead by Mark Klem

Tested: PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4 / GZDoom 4.8.2

Textures: The Return (RETRES.WAD)

File: SHADOWS.ZIP

Felt like whipping out a speedmap while the year is still kicking.

image.png

Name: Hitting up the Mapping Gym on New Year's Eve

Play: Single Player

Comp: Limit Removing

MIDI: Level 4 - Neo Star: Stage 2 (3) | Game: Kirby and the Krystal Shards | Sequenced by: Jace

Tested: DSDA-Doom 0.27.2 (complevel 2)

Textures: (none)

File: HittingUpTheMappingGymOnNewYearsEve.zip

I feel like more maps were submitted in the last few days than during the rest of the year. People doing everything at the last moment, as usual.

30 minutes ago, Li'l devil said:

I feel like more maps were submitted in the last few days than during the rest of the year. People doing everything at the last moment, as usual.

Yeah, that's always what happens with these: a year-long submission window feels pretty roomy right up until it isn't. :P Gives me a good chuckle.

image.png.04a140854a525a2ebe8a119ff9f1d5dd.png

Spoiler

I actually feel kind of bad for the last day submission. It's a bad habit of mine.

Two hours to go!

And hey, it's all good. The fact that you submitted something is still awesome and I'm not about to demand that people shift the DMP up in their priority lists, haha.

2 hours ago, Zahid said:

Any compiled version for play testing available?

Submissions only just closed, so no. :P I'll need some time to compile all the submissions and their various resources, which can be a...somewhat arduous process. I also need to wire up the hub for GZDoom, which is an entirely different ball game. I'll look to get the first playable version out sometime this month though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, Obsidian said:

@sincity2100, could you resubmit your map with the excess textures removed please? There's, err, quite a lot of them.

@sincity2100, it's been over a week and I haven't gotten a response from you. I'll give you a week to resubmit with the excess textures removed from your map (and also with your resources credited), but after that I've got no choice but to remove it from the project. The rules exist for a reason man, c'mon.

i've been looking at the submissions and god damn these smoke my map out of the water lol, i'll step it up BIG time for next year, cuz you all make amazing stuff!

To be fair, mediocre or bland maps are needed to make good maps shine even better, and to give the player breathing room. Just as long as your map is not tedious or unfair.

Edit: assuming of course the player actually plays through all maps, and doesn't just handpick maps by their favorite mappers.

Edited by Li'l devil

1 hour ago, Li'l devil said:

To be fair, mediocre or bland maps are needed to make good maps shine even better, and to give the player breathing room. Just as long as your map is not tedious or unfair.

Edit: assuming of course the player actually plays through all maps, and doesn't just handpick maps by their favorite mappers.

well i like to think i'm good at this, otherwise if i tore myself down all the time i wouldn't be here haha, who knows, maybe you'll like my map! you can give it a shot if you want.

Hey @Nikolanchik, your submission seems to be over the resource limit by a significant amount. It also doesn't appear to be correctly packaged? Same deal as sincity2100, I'm gonna need you to resubmit within a week with the excess materials removed and your resources properly credited.

5 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Hey @Nikolanchik, your submission seems to be over the resource limit by a significant amount. It also doesn't appear to be correctly packaged? Same deal as sincity2100, I'm gonna need you to resubmit within a week with the excess materials removed and your resources properly credited.

Do I need to remove the extra textures from  wad? Okay

Edited by Nikolanchik

4 hours ago, Nikolanchik said:

Do I need to remove the extra textures from  wad? Okay

Yep, that'd be greatly appreciated.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:06 PM, Obsidian said:

@sincity2100, it's been over a week and I haven't gotten a response from you. I'll give you a week to resubmit with the excess textures removed from your map (and also with your resources credited), but after that I've got no choice but to remove it from the project. The rules exist for a reason man, c'mon.

Welp, can't say that I didn't give him a chance. Map has been removed for not adhering to the rules.

@Nikolanchik, you've got 2 days to resubmit your map with the unused textures shaved off and your resources credited: you never actually said where you got your textures and music from, which I need to know once I get around to writing up the textfile for the project.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Welp, can't say that I didn't give him a chance. Map has been removed for not adhering to the rules.

@Nikolanchik, you've got 2 days to resubmit your map with the unused textures shaved off and your resources credited: you never actually said where you got your textures and music from, which I need to know once I get around to writing up the textfile for the project.

Don't worry, I was planning to send you the map today anyway. I used the duketex texture pack, music from quake 2

Edited by Nikolanchik

On 1/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, Obsidian said:

I've edited it, I'll send it now

MAP01DMP.zip

Edited by Nikolanchik

7 hours ago, Nikolanchik said:

I've edited it, I'll send it now

MAP01DMP.zip

Very much appreciated. :)

Oh yeah, and @lubba127? Your map appears to exceed the resource limit and also replaces stock resources, are you able to fix it or shall I just remove it from the compilation? Same deal as the last 2, get back to me with an update within a week. 👍