Doom Pictures Thread 2023

Mordeth

On 6/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, Omniarch said:

Castle-type thing from WIP map:

pNZVwHI.png    9zUJXq4.png

OFdLtAi.png    Jltdg7L.png

The PTSD is real

Here's what a frankenmap stitched together from like 15 different ideas over the course of no less than 5 years look like. Still trying to finish it.

5.PNG

On 6/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, Omniarch said:

Castle-type thing from WIP map:

pNZVwHI.png    9zUJXq4.png

OFdLtAi.png    Jltdg7L.png

This is gorgeous, man <3

Dat purple

36 minutes ago, LordEntr0py said:

This is gorgeous, man <3

Dat purple

Thank you! That means a lot coming from someone who so consistently creates beautiful maps :)

I will say, the Stardate 20x7 resources are terribly underrated, seeing as they make it remarkably easy to create attractive structures in a neoclassic mode. It really is a joy to work with them, assuming one adds in a few extra tiling textures for larger segments of geometry.

On 6/25/2023 at 3:22 AM, Ravitex said:

Some screenies from a WAD I've been working on for a while.

uc?export=view&id=1zULcbLg8VdJNz0OZMFVpyuc?export=view&id=1zAmhN0mhEtq0s0YMX1qxTuc?export=view&id=1hs5hzK0qDYG6K7ePT47Ntuc?export=view&id=16eNitG8xyu2jiDI2gP6ASuc?export=view&id=1F9kHt00BLeOzKS7uy3hX0uc?export=view&id=1JYiVqyBS5mUqlf9udOnTB

HOLY CANOLI.

Some of these areas honestly look almost Doom3 quality! This is wicked impressive my dude!

The liquids do look a little out of place, though. But I'm not sure if you intend to replace them later on or not.

1 hour ago, HQDefault said:

HOLY CANOLI.

Some of these areas honestly look almost Doom3 quality! This is wicked impressive my dude!

The liquids do look a little out of place, though. But I'm not sure if you intend to replace them later on or not.

Thank you!

I do intend to replace the liquids eventually, it's low on the priority list at the moment (or I could just be procrastinating, who knows).

Those textureless shots look pretty normal to me.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:42 AM, Gougaru said:

Pinky statue photos

Been thinking about getting that one. I got the Cacodemon one about a month ago as it was on sale. Excellent level of detail.

Edited by Agent Strange

1 hour ago, Agent Strange said:

Been thinking about getting that one. I got the Cacodemon one about a month ago as it was on sale. Excellent level of detail.

So the pinky is the best statue they've made so far. The pic really doesn't give it justice 

19 hours ago, exl said:

Those textureless shots look pretty normal to me.

Hmm, so?

Edit, Uh, propably got it.

Edited by Jaska

Apparently the decal tool doesn't let you put decals on floors because of the way flats are rendered, but pretty quickly I was able to find a work-around by making a non-solid 3D floor with a height of 1 map unit.

Do I get my smart boi sticker now

GD3n1IU.png

Its been a long long time since i picked up a doom editor, i haven't ever quit doom but i haven't mapped in so long. its hard getting back in the groove but i think this is looking nice so far. Still a lot of work to go, slowly getting the rest of the level fleshed out and improving the looks of the starting area, learned how to import a custom sky (thank you Mechadon for your freely available box 'o skys) and doing some minor texture work as well. Hopefully i can finish this soonish. i want to get this finished so i can start feeling like i can make up for some of the more low quality stuff i posted years ago.image.png.1da4887f6d487dac3b896c5c8d476fbe.png

On 7/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, Jaska said:

Wat, it's almost complete!

*beautiful screenshots*

I loved the wide open spaces in your WAD. Question - how do you overcome the need to "control" what the player can do (i.e. constantly thinking - if the player goes here, can the monsters follow them, what if he goes out of bounds, can the monsters climb up this ledge, but what if the player can escape this fight easily). I find I sometimes struggle with that, and would like to make such grand (or grand-er atleast) maps.