[Community Project] Doom 2 Minus Doom (30 maps complete!))

Posted (edited)

Okay, all the links in the OP should be up to date now! Thanks everyone for the updates.

@Anarkzie@PasokonDeaconAny updates? If it's at all possible I'd love to get an initial release candidate for this project out before May, which is Doom 2's 30th anniversary. EDIT: May is definitely not Doom 2's 30th anniversary, but it would still be cool to get a release candidate out soon.

Edited by janiform

2 minutes ago, janiform said:

If it's at all possible I'd love to get an initial release candidate for this project out before May, which is Doom 2's 30th anniversary.

Isn’t Doom 2’s birthday in September ?

Posted (edited)

Oh wow, that's correct! That makes a lot more sense than releasing the sequel one season after the first game. This is what I get for trusting Google results:

241713826_GoogleLied.png.00055265a0a130bac32ae5e11691a1d9.png

Edited by janiform

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, janiform said:

Huh. Where did google get that information ?

Anyway, speaking of release candidates, do you have a story in mind ?

Edited by Demonic Meatball

15 hours ago, janiform said:

Oh wow, that's correct! That makes a lot more sense than releasing the sequel one season after the first game. This is what I get for trusting Google results:

Wait,Multiplayer video game.What?DOOM not only multiplayer.

16 hours ago, Demonic Meatball said:

Isn’t Doom 2’s birthday in September ?

Yes you're right.

1674926873_(153).png.191e6b732dd3434dd253eb0905843764.png

On 4/9/2024 at 8:42 PM, janiform said:

Okay, all the links in the OP should be up to date now! Thanks everyone for the updates.

@Anarkzie@PasokonDeaconAny updates? If it's at all possible I'd love to get an initial release candidate for this project out before May, which is Doom 2's 30th anniversary. EDIT: May is definitely not Doom 2's 30th anniversary, but it would still be cool to get a release candidate out soon.

I'm still working on it, hopefully not to long.

@Demonic Meatball I'd planned to leave the intermission texts vanilla, since the episode themes are retained. But now I'm wondering if a new story that isn't a sequel to Doom 1 would be more in keeping with the project.

@Anarkziethanks for the update!

On 4/3/2024 at 7:20 PM, Demonic Meatball said:

Back to the quick rundowns, going to Map21 :

- @Eon Toad MAP13 : - FLOOR0_1 and CEIL1_1 aren't allowed (mainly change for sector 120).

- Needs Coop/DM Starts.

I've replaced those textures and double-checked the map. P2-4 starts are there unless I did them wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, should have clarified. Yes. The link is to a folder containing the wad so I can update the contents and the link stays the same.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:10 AM, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

I'll have a look after work, and report back. 

Are we after work yet ?

On 4/4/2024 at 10:54 PM, Demonic Meatball said:

MAP24 : - The map needs some "fast travel" options, 'cause lemme tell ya, re-doing the whole post blue key path every time I wanna retry the jump to that one secret gets repetitive very quickly. 

- Sector 947 is tagged as secret, even thoug it doesn't contain anything and I'm pretty sure it is unreachable. 

Okay, I'm super sorry for being late with that.

Here's the bugfix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l6qSzVBS_UXUSDGR9MOyFrKHw0N_TSkD

Secret sector 947 is leftover from previous version, now not secret
And I added a teleporter pad, if you miss the secret jump, you can drop down a little further to get teleported back up. If that's not good enough solution, let me know and I'll figure out something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally chiming in after a very, very long time...
This shit looks great. Good job, everyone.

1 hour ago, Demonic Meatball said:

@EPICALLL have you seen my comments on your map ?

Yes. I found I didn't agree with them. (It's been like a good year, this is a big generalization)