DoomGPT: An AI-directed Doom II mapping project (v1.2)

4 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

But what about the layout looks so promising?

Nothing much I just said it looked good. I'm pretty basic when making maps. Just squares of straight lines into big rooms.

I'm not very skilled so I get impressed easily

This map is very much a hell level and not at all a city level.

I am not very good at mapping but for some reason the AI's suggestions just bring out my inner-mapper. map 25 of this project was the 6th doom map I have ever made. It looks nothing like a 6th map.

Edited by Raith138

12 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

This map is very much a hell level and not at all a city level.

I am not very good at mapping but for some reason the AI's suggestions just bring out my inner-mapper. map 25 of this project was the 6th doom map I have ever made. It looks nothing like a 6th map.

I'm very curious too what the map does actually look like visually. Maybe AI can replace human doom mappers? I wouldn't want it too honestly.

I rather do the fun stuff then AI.

1 minute ago, Raith138 said:

My fucking builder crashed and deleted hours of work. FML

Oh that sucks dude. I had that happened too me once. Did it delete the whole map?

4 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

My fucking builder crashed and deleted hours of work. FML

Fuck... I've had that happen, it sucks. Have you checked the .backup files? If you're lucky, something got saved there, though I don't know how frequently those get updated, if it's on save, it's pretty much gone for good.

Lucky for me I spend a lot of time brainstorming so it is actually not too much work gone.

This might work for recovering even the lastest changes, I'm not completely sure though since I haven't had to try it.

33 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

I was experimenting with bridge mode when it crashed.

See if you can replicate that bug in ultimate doom builder on a whole seperate wad. Perhaps its a doom

builder bug.

Oh wait a minute nevermind. This isn't an update. Its ultimate doom builder. I think I have advanced mode on? I'm not sure how do I turn it off though.

As a mapping challenge for seasoned veteran modders, this is a interesting idea. As a good use of a.i., it takes all the shitty parts of a.i. (no creativity or originality) with the shitty parts of doing things by hand (having to do the work yourself rather than let the a.i. generate it)

I really enjoy the process of making maps.

I wouldn't want it to be generated automatically.

Exactly.

Yeah actually probably 4 hours.

I didn't because the backup files saves the most recent thing you have done in the builder and I had already reopened it to try to rebuild.

But most of my mapping time is spent just trying to think of ideas, and yes, the AI told we what to do, but I still had to figure out how to interpret it and turn it into a fun map. The part I was working on today was pretty vague description wise. It basically said "After opening doors you will end up in a [redacted]" So because of that it wasn't that hard to rebuild cause I didn't have to brainstorm any ideas.