Recreate Plutonia from Memory! (CP) (Completed)

On 2/21/2023 at 9:42 PM, Fiendish said:

Great job! Just a couple of issues I ran into here. One is that a dirt pile in the middle of one of the nukage pools (around the start) is damaging. Another issue is that some of the teleporting monsters never teleport in. I did find the amount of rockets in the map to be a bit scarce. I think that was okay as it played now, but you might want to add some more in once you get the rest of the monsters to teleport in.  

Made a few changes, here's the new link: 16_BadOmenV2.zip

Changes:

• Fixed shotgun island being hurtfloor.
  • Added more rockets.
  • Rearranged teleporting monster closets to hopefully make them more likely to teleport (one was very cramped and maybe the monsters couldn't move in some source ports?).

MAP25: The Templar of Dorkness (because the original is kinda silly)

All difficulty settings not implemented yet - basically everything is UV.
Multiplayer - none yet.

Bugs, texturing mistakes, softlocks - I've found no problems during testing.

PLUTFROMMEMORY_MAP25.rar

@Engired

sorry for the mention

so after scraping 6 attempts I decided to pull out of the project, and I'll give my job of making MAP01's midi to other people

trying to remake a modern, complicated midi track without looking at the notes are nightmarishly hard, for me at least.

I know you won't reject any submission, but my gut tell me if it's rubbish don't show it to people.

Edited by fai1025

@Engired

I am really sorry. I tried to make map 11 many times but it is getting far more different than the originals. That map is the most complicated map to make in the megawad tbh. I don't want to post a shitty submission and ruin the image of one of the legendary Plutonia maps, so I would like to give up the slot.

I am sorry for the inconvience.

6 hours ago, Classic SSG Enjoyer said:

@Engired

I am really sorry. I tried to make map 11 many times but it is getting far more different than the originals. That map is the most complicated map to make in the megawad tbh. I don't want to post a shitty submission and ruin the image of one of the legendary Plutonia maps, so I would like to give up the slot.

I am sorry for the inconvience.

You're not going to ruin the project. The shittier and more cursed, the better.  That's the idea of recreating maps from memory.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:51 AM, Lord_Future said:

Is there any slots open? i want to redeem myself from TNT

Currently Map 11 is open. @Classic SSG Enjoyer if you want to continue working on it, please let me know. I can always add it as a secret map or vice versa.

47 minutes ago, Engired said:

Currently Map 11 is open. @Classic SSG Enjoyer if you want to continue working on it, please let me know. I can always add it as a secret map or vice versa.

Sorry dude, please dont be hurt or dont be angry on me. I can't do the map coz its a big giant very confusing maze. I wont be able to work on it..

hey, changed my name from openxt to biz, i finished the titlepic without my stylus on my desktop

plutoniatitlepic.png

So im looking at the map 11 slot and im wondering how the hell im gonna be able to make most of this if its so complex. So should i just wing it? Or do i get extra looks at the map?

2 hours ago, Lord_Future said:

So im looking at the map 11 slot and im wondering how the hell im gonna be able to make most of this if its so complex. So should i just wing it? Or do i get extra looks at the map?

You can make approximations of the map, it doesn't have to be even close to a 1:1 recreation. Feel free to look at it again if you have no idea what to do.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:36 PM, Engired said:

You can make approximations of the map, it doesn't have to be even close to a 1:1 recreation. Feel free to look at it again if you have no idea what to do.

Gotcha

Since there aren't enough people signing up to compose, can I take the music spots for maps 7-11? In the map file for map14, I included some remade title sequences too.

Edited by StalkerZHS

48 minutes ago, Korp said:

id like to take map03 and map20's midis ;)

Map03 has already been taken, but map20 is free.

Done!...
I Regret not checking the list before recreating Map03's midi, Oh well! I'll share it anyway with Map20's so my headache wasnt in vain. Apologies again! :P

Here's map09 last played the original several months ago, and haven't played it after making this yet, so I'm not sure how far off this is. Tested in chocolate doom. 

Title: Circular Clobbering

Difficulty settings: Yes

Co-op starts included

Edited by Fiendish