[REQUESTS CLOSED] Volumus - An experimental horror map that's never exactly the same

Requests are still open for an hour! Now's the time to request your copy!

Edited by MFG38

Interesting...

Will try it on (preferably) Doom Retro or Boom.

GZDoom's gonna be as last resort in case I want to use Flashlight++.

Edited by ValveMercenary
GZDoom's not the best vanilla port tbh...

Just now, ValveMercenary said:

Will try it on (preferably) Doom Retro or GZDoom with Flashlight++ if that's allowed.

Why would it not be? It's your copy, I'm not gonna tell you how you should play it. It'd frankly be a dick move to try and force people into playing their copies on the exact same source port and with the exact same setup that I did while testing.

1 minute ago, MFG38 said:

Why would it not be? It's your copy, I'm not gonna tell you how you should play it. It'd frankly be a dick move to try and force people into playing their copies on the exact same source port and with the exact same setup that I did while testing.

That's cool, I mainly play on vanilla DOS and Doom Retro, so it's nice to see a WAD that really allows people to play it their way, thanks!

I don't know if you are already planning on doing so, but it would be very cool if later you joined all maps in a single wad to see all the different versions.

2 minutes ago, OceanMadman said:

I don't know if you are already planning on doing so, but it would be very cool if later you joined all maps in a single wad to see all the different versions.

I did contemplate it but ultimately decided against it. It's explained in another post a little further up.

Anyway, on that note, requests are now closed again. Thanks to everyone who expressed their interest! I'll be fulfilling the new requests over the course of tomorrow.

1 minute ago, piesunisko said:

Damn sounds like an interesting concept, enough for me to dust off my DW account after a long time, i would like one please!

I was gonna say you were just a smidge too late, but I was feeling generous so you're in the list. This is where the absolute cutting point is gonna be, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got around to finishing my copy - quite nice overall, though without much replay value with the level being rather bare, I guess to make it easier to customize, but the opening room is great. Still - had fun for about 30 mins. Even managed to beat up the archie after some save scumming.