What are you listening to?

On 8/1/2022 at 2:19 AM, 7Mahonin said:
Spoiler

Anyone who's down with Pulseman is A-OK with me!

As for me...

Certified "Fresh as fuck."

I have mixed feelings about Mick Gordon's work on Doom, but I have to say, I really like his Killer Instinct soundtrack.

This one in particular reminds me a lot of Doom 64 (especially towards the end), coincidentally enough: 

3 hours ago, Piper Maru said:
Spoiler

"Oh, this is quite melodic! Definitely less forboding than the usual Cryo Chamber output. I'll just pop the full album on and..."

19 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

"Oh, this is quite melodic! Definitely less forboding than the usual Cryo Chamber output. I'll just pop the full album on and..."

I always have this livestream playing in the background whenever I'm mapping, or writing, drawing, anything that I can get myself lost in.

Edited by Piper Maru

On 8/2/2022 at 9:59 AM, Lippeth said:

Something about this makes me feel like I'm too old to like it, but it reminds me of something that would play on MTV in the early 90s and I just really like the chorus melody. And to make things worse, it was a suggested post on Instagram.

Hey pretty good discovery! As an ex grunger from the 90s the drumwork really grabs me. I like this track. Never heard of them before.

-----

Me, I am listening to the new Suicide Commando album (speaking of the human condition!) They have been a staple of mine for two decades; undertones of misanthropy and love hidden by meaty-beats. true <3

Mankind is doomed! Wars and destruction, religious fanatics and the greed of a few, combined with hate and exclusion on social media. Triggered by all the scum of humanity, Johan Van Roy - frontman & mastermind of Suicide Commando, delivers what is perhaps his heaviest album to date and releases musically monsters like “Bang bang bang” or “Kill All Humanity”.

Edited by beast

Well, KMFDM Money through Attak were really good. WWIII had some good tracks, and Hau Rück wasn't bad either. But for my money, they topped in the 90's. Money, Angst, Nihil, Retro, Xtort and Symbols are great. Attak had some really good tracks as well, but after the split and reforming it didn't feel quite the same. WWIII wasn't bad, neither was Hau Ruck or Tohuvabohu.

I guess I haven't listened to any of their albums after those, apparently there's been seven. I guess once En Esch, Schulz, Sköld, Reiflin, and Duarnte left the band, and it was just Sascha K and Lucia, I kind of lost interest.

It seems more like John Lennon and Yoko now, a megalomaniac with his girlfriend kicking everyone out of the band that she doesn't like. I knew Lucia Cifarelli wasn't good for the band, and Sascha Konietzko went right along with it.

Edit: It's not like a Tom Waits and Kathleen Brennan situation, where the music only got so much better after they started collaborating. Or a Johnny Cash and June Carter situation. It can certainly work. But John and Yoko and Sascha and Lucia just don't work.

Edited by Jello

Alright, I'm going to be an ass and double post:

It just came up in my playlist, and I love the song. It's simple, like a nursery rhyme. But when it gets really hot out, like it's been lately, I always think of it. It was the inspiration for my final project in my high school clay class years ago. A little skeleton connected with wires that I could make dance around. And yes, I got an A on the little skeleton guy.

Edited by Jello

Torbill & Jossé, 27/02/2018 Le Zorba Paris.

torbilljossemachin.png?w=300&h=300

Live experimentation, jazz.

JKP, Contemplation sur la mort avec Pieter.

couverture.png?w=300&h=300

It’s a video but I hate video clips.

Unattributed, 0323EE.

eg0_182a.jpg?w=300&h=300

Harsh noise.

Stillborn Blues, III (reissue), Screaming in the rain.

eg0_cd08-front.jpg?w=220&h=300

Playing with a guitar and effects.

Edited by ducon