[Alpha] Constriction: 1024 - 1024mu2 restricted levels (Play-testers needed)

Posted in the discord too, posting here for wider reach of playtesting.

https://mega.nz/file/WxFXyQRC#F7k-ZV8byD5JZi9uL2suZTK8SiN0ZuyMurR9SNwSkv0

Slot: MAP10
Name: Iron Sepulchre
Author: knifeworld
MIDI: MID00013 from the Blood alpha
Difficulty Levels: all implemented. Will scale down the monster count and/or difficulty if needed.
Coop and DM spawns: implemented, not tested
Ports Tested: dsda-doom 0.25.6 with -complevel 9

NcvDOmw.jpg
bG8ULhw.jpg

Hello people of the 1024! (I dunno) 

Just wanted to stop by and see how things are shaping up! looks like those slots are being taken quick! 

Also wanted to post some screenshots of my progress, see if the aesthetic is sitting right with the project creators :) 

good mapping everybody!

look forward to the feedback :) 

screenshots:

10241.jpg

10242.jpg

10243.jpg

Seems like a challenge, I'll take 15 since I like secret exits, or any slot of I can't grab that one

I would love to do a map for this.

I did several maps for the original 1024 projects, so this will be like a blast from the past for me.

That said, I may be too busy, so could I book a tentative slot, and see if I can make any progress over the next month or so? If not I will give the slot up. I don't wanna waste anyone's time though. But glad to see another 1024 up and running. Great stuff.

Thank you either way. :D

9 minutes ago, Kyka said:

I would love to do a map for this.

I did several maps for the original 1024 projects, so this will be like a blast from the past for me.

That said, I may be too busy, so could I book a tentative slot, and see if I can make any progress over the next month or so? If not I will give the slot up. I don't wanna waste anyone's time though. But glad to see another 1024 up and running. Great stuff.

Thank you either way. :D

Sure thing, there are no deadlines yet, don't worry. I added you to the slot claim section.

11 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Sure thing, there are no deadlines yet, don't worry. I added you to the slot claim section.

Thank you!

I already have a concept idea for the map.

Edited by Kyka

48 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Looks great @dmh094, that's what we are looking for !

Awesome! I will determine to stride ahead! 

2 minutes ago, Mycomedes said:

Can I have any normal slot?

This is your first post on Doomworld, sorry to ask, do you have any mapping history?

44 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

This is your first post on Doomworld, sorry to ask, do you have any mapping history?

That is reasonable. Here's a cool map I made a while back. The format is doom2, limit removing.

1024books.zip

8 minutes ago, Mycomedes said:

That is reasonable. Here's a cool map I made a while back. The format is doom2, limit removing.

1024books.zip

Wow that's an interesting map, it even has a really weird interaction with cyberdemon height and the ceiling, clever, you got me there. I'll give you a slot, do you think you can switch to OTEX textures and detail it a little bit more? Also the Exit is outside the 1024 boundaries, as it does not instantly exit (You can get outside), you could fix that. Also, maybe you could make the ledges temporary hallways for additional tasks not to make this level feel entirely as an arena. I dig your concept.

7 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

I'll give you a slot, do you think you can switch to OTEX textures and detail it a little bit more?

That wasn't supposed to be my submission, just a demonstration. I wanted to make a more normal OTEX style map for my entry, but I could also fix up that one if you want to put in slot 33 or something. Thanks for the consideration

2 minutes ago, Moustachio said:

If there’s a slot open, I’d like to grab it.

Only special maps are open, MAP30 and MAP32, and at this point I was seeing if I could reserve this one to Drywler. Are you ok at doing a MAP30? You may aswell see if someone drops along the way but still, we have recently started.

1 minute ago, Mycomedes said:

That wasn't supposed to be my submission, just a demonstration. I wanted to make a more normal OTEX style map for my entry, but I could also fix up that one if you want to put in slot 33 or something. Thanks for the consideration

Of course you can, I'm not thinking about MAP33's for the moment, but I may make a second entry of this project, considering popularity. So it could be there, welcome to the project!

12 minutes ago, Moustachio said:

I’d like to claim MAP30. I just need to know what exactly you have in mind for it.

Whatever, just don't make it a simple 1024 square, maybe some scripted battles in an arena and then the IOS, I'm not that creative, so I could leave it to you and see if the end result is good. Something "sunlust" looking, maybe...

Started something. Blame Airbnb commercials for this.

Immagine-2023-05-22-191056.png

Spoiler

doom00.png doom04.png

doom05.png doom06.png

doom07.png doom08.png 

Edited by Walter confetti

15 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Is there any kind of episodic theming or sky for this, or are we just going with a grab bag approach?

Grab bag, maps will be ordered mostly by difficulty (maybe some thematic things)

17 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Started something. Blame Airbnb commercials for this.

Immagine-2023-05-22-191056.png

Hide contents

doom00.png doom04.png

doom05.png doom06.png

doom07.png doom08.png 

Naming suggestion: "1024 out of 5 in DoomBNB"