Best 2D Sonic (multi choice allowed, for more focus vs last thread)

The best of the bunch  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite 2D Sonic? (You can choose more than one)

• Sonic 1 (including any enhanced version such as Forever)
    • Sonic 2 (including Absolute, etc)
    • Sonic 3 & Knuckles (including AIR, etc)
    • Sonic Mania
    • Sonic Generations Classic Stages
    • Sonic Advance
    • Sonic Advance 2
    • Sonic Advance 3
    • Sonic Rush/Adventure
    • Other

This is sort of supplemental to my last poll given I kinda condensed down the choices. Might do Mario later.

I'd most likely go with 3&K or Mania.

With ten options I still had to combine Rush/Rush Adventure (you can just pick that if either one is your favorite) and omit Game Gear titles and yeah also...Sonic 4. But that's what 'Other' is for.

I allowed multiple choices if some are very very close/too hard to decide.

Edited by FrancisT218

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic Mania kinda sucks, it's just another game built off of nostalgia, it was fine with generations but now it's just getting bland...

Just now, Biz! said:

Sonic Mania kinda sucks, it's just another game built off of nostalgia, it was fine with generations but now it's just getting bland...

Gettin' risky with it aren't we, your glad we are in a doom forum sonny boy. The wrath of the Sonic fandom is one not to meddle with!

Sonic 1 all the way. It's my favourite sonic game. all of the new stuff sucks lol

25 minutes ago, Biz! said:

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT

Sonic 1: Great platforming, but sometimes boring (e.g. Spring Yard Zone platforms and Labyrinth Zone).

Sonic 2: Great emphasis on momentum and the reward of speed, which is the main point of Sonic games.

Sonic CD: Great use of exploration, but the levels are quite abstract and the time travel mechanic is quite hard to achieve.

Sonic 3&K and Sonic Mania: All of the above. (except for the boring parts and time travel)

Why is Sonic CD not on the list.

edit nvm im dumb

Edited by Rampy470

Sonic Mania was great, wish there were more original levels but what was there was great to play through. A great introduction for new players to the Classic Sonic gameplay.

Where's the option for "the original first game, and by 'original' I mean without any socalled 'enhancements' that to my mind are akin to drawing a moustache and spectacles on the Mona Lisa"...?

Sonic 3 & Knuckles encapsulates everything that was cool about Sonic. But not like the cringe teenager "cool" attitude modern Sonic games have. It's completely different kind of cool which modern Sonic fans don't get, which is why they always argue "Sonic was always supposed to be cool" when they try to defend the cringe inducing modern Sonic games.