RAMP 2023 - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping Project [RELEASED!]

oh man oh man oh man oh man!

Now I want to make my own map. Is it normal to have like a million ideas in your head but can't even make a single room when you first start? I -really- want to get in on this!

COUNT ME IN! I've had a concept for a map in the back of my mind for about a year now, this seems like the perfect chance to actually sit down and put it together.

Edited by DoctorNuriel

I've not really been able to dedicate time to mapping this year, but I'll try to put something in again this time.

I misread the "comers" as "corners" xD I'd like to try this but I'm not sure if my mapping skills are up to your standards (Lecry)

5 minutes ago, LukeJR said:

I misread the "comers" as "corners" xD I'd like to try this but I'm not sure if my mapping skills are up to your standards (Lecry)

You only have to make something playable. This project is for everyone after all.

9 minutes ago, LukeJR said:

The project is aimed at beginners, but everyone is welcome

Just for clarification: We are using 32in24-15_tex_v2.wad and OTEX_1.1.WAD Texture packs , right?
So OTEX is a fair game.

Edited by INfront95

1 hour ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Those are allowed.

Alright, count me in. I'll be making one of the more unique contributions. Show off my skills with ZScript.

I've made 2 short maps some time ago while experimenting with OTEX. The level geometry is done for both, all I need to do is complete the texturing and place some triggers in the right locations. They'll definitely be ready for release before the end of June. Can I contribute them to this project?

16 minutes ago, Laughados said:

I made a map in February that is for GZDoom (UDMF). How could I go about submitting it for this project?

12 hours ago, DavidN said:

Please make something original for this, instead of something that's already been released elsewhere.

Hmmm....... I DO have an idea for a sort of walking simulator in GZDoom type thing, but GZUDMF is a bit out of my comfort zone... I will consider taking part in this if that'd be alright!