DWANGO30 - Celebrating 30 years of Deathmatch! [Community Project - ALL SLOTS FILLED]

Woah, 30 years already?. I'm not much of a mapper but i could write bespoke midis for some of the maps. :3

Just finished my own vanilla deathmatch thing, finally think I'm getting motivation again, I'd be more then glad to contribute a map to this!

I'm gonna try to make something for this. No promises I'll get it done before the 30 slots are filled, especially considering I've never actually finished a map I've been happy enough with to release to the public. No sweat if I don't make the cut though, I'll just use my work for a personal project if I'm too slow.

34 minutes ago, ignatiOS said:

Just finished my own vanilla deathmatch thing, finally think I'm getting motivation again, I'd be more then glad to contribute a map to this!

Great! I'll add you to this list.

30 minutes ago, jmac said:

I'm gonna try to make something for this. No promises I'll get it done before the 30 slots are filled, especially considering I've never actually finished a map I've been happy enough with to release to the public. No sweat if I don't make the cut though, I'll just use my work for a personal project if I'm too slow.

No worries at all, I'll give you a slot for now, don't rush by any means and feel free to drop out any time.

15 minutes ago, Argent Agent said:

I'll throw my two hats into the ring (two maps).

Great to have you Argentum! Added to the list.

37 minutes ago, Korp said:

Woah, 30 years already?. I'm not much of a mapper but i could write bespoke midis for some of the maps. :3

This is an amazing offer, I'd love to have you toss some MIDIs into the ring c:

Doing some clean and simple vanilla stuff has been on my to do list for a while, as well as deathmatch. I'm totally in for a slot!

I was gonna take a break from Doomworld but this was brought to my attention. Queue me!

I have plenty of DM Mapping experience and can send my work as a seal of quality.

Edited by Ludi

Oof. If that June 24th deal were a bit later, I'd consider taking a spot, but work is going to keep me super busy until the 22nd, and I'm not all that sure if I'd have more than an extremely barebones skeleton by June 24th - if I'd even have one at all. :(

I'll lightly pencil you in DP - don't sweat it if you can't get one done fast enough though! There's always the chance other users don't finish their maps in time or pull out, as well.

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I'll lightly pencil you in DP - don't sweat it if you can't get one done fast enough though! There's always the chance other users don't finish their maps in time or pull out, as well.

Well, after June 22nd I'm home until September, so I'd be able to pick up stuff like this a lot quicker.

Basically, if you don't mind waiting a hair longer after the 22nd, I'd probably have something worthwhile. I need to get some mapping chops in anyway; need to work on that map for Pandora 64 as well as work on my last GEC Master Edition conversion for PS1, so a DM map is a nice little warmup. :)

Edited by Dark Pulse

I don't have much time with doom mapping nowadays, but I'd like to submit at least one DM map for this one.

Awesome project! What’s the up-to-date way to playtest deathmatch? You all hang out on servers or is there a bot implementation somewhere?

Just so happens that I've been wanting to give deathmatch mapping a spin lately! Pen me in for one map.

I hope someone will launch a Deathmatch server with that after it's done, so I can finally experience that mode; it's one of my dreams, actually, because of all these vintage demos and lots of DM Wads from the 90s

Hello, I would like to try something. I'm not a multiplayer player but I visited ton of random DM maps on idgames during the Endless Random Wad Adventures. I think it's time to do a tribute to the multiplayer scenery.

Edited by Roofi

It can, Rata!

There's now just 4 slots remaining (unless I've missed someone - please let me know if so). Grab them before they're gone fellas!

5 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Well, after June 22nd I'm home until September, so I'd be able to pick up stuff like this a lot quicker.

Basically, if you don't mind waiting a hair longer after the 22nd, I'd probably have something worthwhile. I need to get some mapping chops in anyway; need to work on that map for Pandora 64 as well as work on my last GEC Master Edition conversion for PS1, so a DM map is a nice little warmup. :)

Since you'll be free after the 22nd, I'll give you up to the 30th to get me a map skeleton, DP. That way you don't have to try some 2-day-crunch nonsense.

5 hours ago, wertercatt said:

I'm willing to try and map for this. Do you know of any complevel 2 deathmatch bots I could use for playtesting?

There are a number of SP / vanilla bots out there - I don't know of any offhand, but I'll look around and get back to you on this! In the meantime, feel free to do your actual gameplay testing with Zandronum, which includes bots out of the box.

5 hours ago, Sectorslayer said:

Awesome project! What’s the up-to-date way to playtest deathmatch? You all hang out on servers or is there a bot implementation somewhere?

I have servers on ZDaemon under the [Doomshack.org] label, that's where we usually congregate/test!

2 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

I doubt I'll have time to make a map but hit me up if you want the map pack to be put through the testing gauntlet c:

Thank you BB! Once we have a good number of maps assembled, I'll absolutely send this your way for some testing.

2 hours ago, Vanilla+Unicorn said:

I hope someone will launch a Deathmatch server with that after it's done, so I can finally experience that mode; it's one of my dreams, actually, because of all these vintage demos and lots of DM Wads from the 90s

I have lots of DM servers on ZDaemon (and there's the Westside Connection servers on Odamex which I have rcon for as well). They're all classic-style DM, feel free to join even for some rounds unrelated to this project! My friends and I play once a week or so these days on my servers.