WIP Community Project - Jaguar Doom Recreated From Memory

On 1/17/2024 at 9:31 AM, realjohnmadden said:

Can I take MAP18? Seems to be up for grabs.

Sure.

And sorry for the late response.

Edited by VL2M STUDIO

Hey, so, I've spent the past couple days doing mapping warm-ups, and I maaaay have made a few more maps for this in the process. They all need monsters and balancing, but other than that, I have 4 more maps. In the order I made them, they are:

-Central Processing

-Limbo

-Deimos Lab

-Spawning Vats

I can finish all of these for this project if that is okay, but I did want to check first, just in case. Let me know. :)

On 1/26/2024 at 10:12 AM, HEXWALKER said:

Hey, so, I've spent the past couple days doing mapping warm-ups, and I maaaay have made a few more maps for this in the process. They all need monsters and balancing, but other than that, I have 4 more maps. In the order I made them, they are:

-Central Processing

-Limbo

-Deimos Lab

-Spawning Vats 

I can finish all of these for this project if that is okay, but I did want to check first, just in case. Let me know. :)

Yeah sure I won't mind this one.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:43 PM, VL2M STUDIO said:

So, @Individualised @Midway64 @mr-around @HEXWALKER @DankMetal @taufan99 @DuckyCart @realjohnmadden the map slots are filled. So if you don't have all your maps finished, try to finish them when you can. Happy mapping and a happy good day too!

I took a little break from mapping for this project, but i returned last week and now i'm almost done with unholy cathedral. I will have it ready for this week, i promise.

20 hours ago, DankMetal said:

I took a little break from mapping for this project, but i returned last week and now i'm almost done with unholy cathedral. I will have it ready for this week, i promise.

No need to rush yourself. Take your time.

1 hour ago, VL2M STUDIO said:

Oh boy MAP14 is really going to be a nightmare...

Managed to get through! Somewhat. It's going to be cursed. I have a love-hate relationship with mazes.

Alright, map 20 is finished

This was actually more fun than i expected, because we are talking about THE map about teleporters, it was hard to remember everything, especially that weird teleporter puzzle to get the yellow key

JAGMAP20

Here's a comparison:

Spoiler

My version:

519849047_Capturadepantalla(78).png.e83b3b9ce0b16eeba49acc9ddc7510dc.png

Original map (taken from the Jaguar Doom TC for vanilla):

1817265612_Capturadepantalla(77).png.57b006d032c8bb69ed69a6cadaae67e1.png

On 2/15/2024 at 10:31 PM, Individualised said:

Please remove my slots from this project.

Understandable.

Just now, DuckyCart said:

For my 4th and 5th maps for this community project. Can I do both Hangar and Dis?

yeah sure you can take them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been quite a while since I last mapped (what with me having to cancel many other planned slots for other community projects), but now that I've got a bit more free time, it's time for me to do my MAP10 slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologizes! I forgot about this project! Just wanted to check in now. I have to start making my last map one day. Life is stressful. I'm sorry!

8 minutes ago, VL2M STUDIO said:

Apologizes! I forgot about this project! Just wanted to check in now. I have to start making my last map one day. Life is stressful. I'm sorry!

It's all good. I haven't finished my second (and last) map either.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I am sorry for the lack of comments. These recent days were not good to me.

I wanted to say that finished all my maps! Can't wait to see yours. I am not hurrying you or anything, but I think it would be nice if we were to finish this project this year.

I saw that you sent comparisons between your maps and the originals. I haven't done that, so, how about I do it now. I'll show the original first, then the recreated version.

Phobos Anomaly (initial version made by @Ash4ash)

Spoiler

image.png.7e9098018a41453778d0b45e4a1cc48d.pngimage.png.09add9b080338e27862cfb9b22ad6fa4.png

Deimos Anomaly

Spoiler

image.png.070584ebd6104b7b85e1a5c83f2a88d2.png

image.png.46d4f6637f9185d328b27363e791c884.png

Halls of the Damned

Spoiler

image.png.ff918819b2942df5a05708dc3bfea550.png

image.png.aa6486e28d023a4cde3b5509c593414b.png

House of Pain

Spoiler

image.png.033ad28e6f47d5bcddb4ae8b7a44ef1e.png

image.png.0db6392992df774d1a8991d0b4bb48a2.png

Mt. Erebus

Spoiler

image.png.cfa4b34f2dfc954c11aeaf1f84dbec6b.png

image.png.43a201861f627b4857ed7da8a0fbf57b.png

Pretty cursed eh? Some people will like how cursed they are.

Regarding the initial PC release, I'll try to target GZDoom and DSDA. Since I'm basing it off the Jaguar TC, I'll just adjust things, add stuff like UMAPINFO support.

Anyways. Have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

My map had quite a lot neglect if I'm being honest with ya, and it doesn't help that I'm not frequently active here.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN I QUIT, I'm gonna work on my map... sooner or later.

On the bright side, I quite forgot a lot of the map, so it might turn out wackier as my memories of the map are now distorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone? Any progress?

Keep in mind the deadline is the end of 2024, so you have lots of time to finish.

Don't rush yourself. Have a good day!

i havent had a lot of updates as of late, other things on my plate, working to square away my work on Amalgoom. should have some stuff in relatively soon. i technically have one of them all done, i just dont think ive done stuff for difficulties yet.