Doom 2 Recreation Project: Update

Pretty cool. Some bugs here and there,

Spoiler

(e.g. there was no way to go back to the main area in Map 03 after you teleport to the area before the red key and pinky area, though it's not really a bug, more like an annoying feature. heh)

but I like the facelift overall actually. Really cool to see familiar settings with improved textures and some nice surprises and additions. 

Spoiler

Holy Map 30. I think we need some invul spheres man. It feels very impossible at this point after trying to beat it a few times. Took a while to realise I can just shoot the Icon of Sin anywhere and not just the exposed brain but 30k health is mad. Lol.

Edited by MaddenedK

6 hours ago, Anarkzie said:

Any screen shots?

oh yeah, you can find screenshots on the old thread

they're outdated though so i guess i should make new ones and include them on this

5 hours ago, MaddenedK said:

Hide contents

(e.g. there was no way to go back to the main area in Map 03 after you teleport to the area before the red key and pinky area, though it's not really a bug, more like an annoying feature. heh)

but I like the facelift overall actually. Really cool to see familiar settings with improved textures and some nice surprises and additions. 

Hide contents

Holy Map 30. I think we need some invul spheres man. It feels very impossible at this point after trying to beat it a few times. Took a while to realise I can just shoot the Icon of Sin anywhere and not just the exposed brain but 30k health is mad. Lol.

i believe i put invulns there on lower difficulties, but yeah the boss is pretty hard on ultra violence, at least no one can call it underwhelming now

6 hours ago, MaddenedK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

alright i've fixed the issue you were talking about in map 03

• 5 weeks later...

Minor thing, in first map i discovered that there is 8 secrets, but 3 of them are small sectors in rocket launcher closet, so they are inaccessible.

image.png.8d34ad564d1f6043446576c3c649318f.png

On 7/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, RaZZoR said:

Minor thing, in first map i discovered that there is 8 secrets, but 3 of them are small sectors in rocket launcher closet, so they are inaccessible.

image.png.8d34ad564d1f6043446576c3c649318f.png

thanks for letting me know, i'll fix it in the next update