Quakecon 2023

38 minutes ago, D4NUK1 said:

Maybe a remaster in the Quake 4 engine perhaps?

I find that highly unlikely, but a remaster more in line to what was done with Q1 is certainly possible. 

Edited by 7Mahonin

1 hour ago, D4NUK1 said:

Oddly enougth, there is not sale for Quake II, what this should mean? Maybe a remaster in the Quake 4 engine perhaps?

worth noting that GOG has Quake II on sale for $1.64 along side most of Bethesda's catalog besides Fallout 4 and the new Doom games (presumably due to Bethesda wanting drm with those titles)

https://www.gog.com/game/quake_ii_quad_damage

(Also worth noting that Quake II on GOG has the music files while the Steam version does not, despite dosbox not being able to play the music back in-game)

Edited by No-Man Baugh

3 hours ago, 7Mahonin said:

I find that highly unlikely, but a remaster more in line to what was done with Q1 is certainly possible. 

It's was my intent to sacarms and my way to cope that we would never get anything for Quake 4 :((

I just hope the whole steam discussion don't go like Quake 2 was bad, because it's one of my favorite on a sci-fi shooter's.

38 minutes ago, D4NUK1 said:

I just hope the whole steam discussion don't go like Quake 2 was bad, because it's one of my favorite on a sci-fi shooter's.

It’s one of my favorite games of all time. Out of all the fps games of that era where you play as some sort of space marine, Q2 was the only game out of them all where I truly felt like I was playing as a marine involved in a much larger scale mission. 

I wanted to go but it sounds like it’s just BYOC and I would rather not do that tbh because I can do that at home. Hopefully something actually worth a damn is announced at QC but it sounds more like there will be little else other than the BYOC festivities this year. Maybe next year I can arrange to bring some of my pals and make the BYOC thing more worth my while. 

Edited by G19Doom

On 8/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, D4NUK1 said:

So, there's  a Quakecon sale in Steam rigth now:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/bethesda/sale/quakecon2023

Oddly enougth, there is not sale for Quake II, what this should mean? Maybe a remaster in the Quake 4 engine perhaps?

QuakeCon sale as well for the eShop, and I'd guess other consoles as well. 

Spoiler

If there's console prejudice, I'm ducking away

On 8/2/2023 at 9:22 PM, D4NUK1 said:

So, there's  a Quakecon sale in Steam rigth now:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/bethesda/sale/quakecon2023

This is funny for me to read - I guess you're not keeping up with rumours and leaks.  Quake 2 Enhanced was leaked quite a while ago now and Bethesda have been dropping more and more small hints as Quakecon approaches.

A "remaster" in the Quake 4 engine makes no sense, that's not what remaster means.

Edited by Individualised

• 2 weeks later...

QuakeCon 2023 was incredible, somehow managed to be an even better time than 2019. I left feeling reinvigorated with Doom energy and inspiration, and so much love for this community. I'm glad so many Doom folks were able to make it out there!

I had an amazing time. Gamed a whole bunch, drank way too much Bawls, talked with some id guys both new and old, and made my way over to a couple Doomworld members and awkwardly said 'hi', while trying not to be too weird about it. Definitely going next year.

Quakecon was amazing! Bunking with Steve, Bank, and roadworx was awesome as well as meeting everyone for some iconic moments and lots of really cool conversations. Here's a photo of me with some peeps or somethingcachedImage.jpg.a89ed948c2829319b39d210c5952baab.jpg

Bobby told me the whole story and it sounded like a lot of fun! I'll def go next year to meet all my fellow doomers.

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@Edward850 Are you the one with the neon yellow shoes?

No that's Joshua Boyle. I'm in-between Mike Rubits and Kevin Cloud, third on the left.

4 hours ago, Edward850 said:

No that's Joshua Boyle. I'm in-between Mike Rubits and Kevin Cloud, third on the left.

Damn, the placement of those title cards is so confusing.

So Mike Rubits is the bald man with the Doom t-shirt and you are the one with the "Quake 25th Anniversary" t-shirt?

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

So Mike Rubits is the bald man with the Doom t-shirt and you are the one with the "Quake 25th Anniversary" t-shirt? 

Correct.

Gutted I couldn't go, but my work and social life have, as of the last few months, become insanely hectic - to the point where I couldn't focus on getting things sorted to make it.

I'm making it my mission to make 2024. There will be Jimmy.

I hear there is a surge of yet another COVID variant anyway, so it might be for the best to avoid public gatherings for the time being. :S

Was a great return to Quakecon. A lot happened, but my most memorable moment was when Xasers Mom randomly popped in mid-stream.

My buddy Myke and I had our headsets on in the middle of a Quake 2 match chatting it up on stream, we were running off no sleep and caffeinated insomnia in a near-dark room, so we didn't understand what she was saying or who she was at first, we kept thinking she was saying "Xaviers mom" (which is my son's name so it confused me even more) and she said something about Doom, gave Myke a big inebriated bicep squeeze and wandered off.

It gave us a good laugh on stream. We had no idea what was going on until after we finished, rewatched it and we're like "Ohhhhh! She was saying 'I'm Xasers mom'!"

Screenshot_20230813_163742_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230813_163744_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230813_163759_Photos.jpg

Edited by Buckshot

Additionally, got to meet a ton of folks. That same buddy, Myke, runs a little hobbyist project called GameQraft. He was displaying his 3D prints and everyone really enjoyed them...

FB_IMG_1692215770325.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215800686.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215814709.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215821175.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215831797.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215836783.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215842944.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215851294.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215879643.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215887783.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215895030.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215900133.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215914953.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215923043.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215927204.jpg

FB_IMG_1692215791623.jpg

FB_IMG_1692216184409.jpg

FB_IMG_1692216188146.jpg

FB_IMG_1692216205800.jpg

FB_IMG_1692216210121.jpg

Edited by Buckshot

It was super cool to hang with everyone! Meeting a ton of people I've known online as screen names for 15+ years, especially in the MP circles, was a treat. I spent more time socializing than I did actually playing but it was fun all-round!

• 2 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

Why hasn't the group photo with names been posted in this thread?

Spoiler

groupdoom.png.8f87bea2046ce7655805519f8c31f30e.png

Looking at this photo is like watching the video in The Ring