Quakecon 2023

52 minutes ago, Bank said:

Hide contents

groupdoom.png.8f87bea2046ce7655805519f8c31f30e.png

Looking at this photo is like watching the video in The Ring

• Spoiler

I am glad Carn's there for old time sakes

Also Xaser legit looks like how i imagined he would be

What i was going to say before forum borked my post, this pic only reinvigorates my motivation to attend Quakecon. It sucks that i am from Europe and thus the America's is a little of a hassle, but i see a ton of folks out there who look legit people.

Also @Scuba Steve very cool you got some snaps with Mr. Carmack. As one can tell by his posture, an old love never dies.

Edited by Redneckerz

On 8/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, Buckshot said:

Additionally, got to meet a ton of folks. That same buddy, Myke, runs a little hobbyist project called GameQraft. He was displaying his 3D prints and everyone really enjoyed them...

Wow, some of those are really cool. Does he sell those?

2 hours ago, Captain Keen said:

Wow, some of those are really cool. Does he sell those?

Those pieces specifically were not for sale (he did gift some away to id software and Carmack), though he does any form of commission for 3D prints ranging from key-chain sized to 1:1 sizes models.

He had some free tumblers, printed coasters, shub from Quake 1 mini prints and some quake logo mini prints he handed out or sold for a nominal fee to passerbys at the con.

Edited by Buckshot

44 minutes ago, Buckshot said:

Those pieces specifically were not for sale (he did gift some away to id software and Carmack), though he does any form of commission for 3D prints ranging from key-chain sized to 1:1 sizes models.

He had some free tumblers, printed coasters, shub from Quake 1 mini prints and some quake logo mini prints he handed out or sold for a nominal fee to passerbys at the con.

Good to know, thanks! If you want to reach out about getting a custom model is the best way to contact him through his social media accounts (like Instagram or even YouTube)?

24 minutes ago, Captain Keen said:

Good to know, thanks! If you want to reach out about getting a custom model is the best way to contact him through his social media accounts (like Instagram or even YouTube)?

Twitter/X, Instagram, or Facebook (which I think Facebook messenger would be quickest way in contact)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100063687125156

I'll let him know that you might be reaching out in the not-to-distant future ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, Bank said:

DSCF0242.JPG

Holy crap, Carnevil and Shaikoten and the meme-drama material Shai had created.

My god I never have laughed so hard until now.
The pure nostalgia.

Thank you for this.