Junkfood 2 [Slaughter, Boom]

16 minutes ago, Dogmachine said:

You are really good at these community projects. Also, this time it has some Ray Mohawk vibes.

It does borrow the Hula Imps and (recolored) Zombiemen from Ray Mohawk, so that may be why!

14 hours ago, Soulless said:

Came across some weird stuff on MAP12: Sunny day in Hell

Couldnt kill these cyberdemons:

Hide contents

xJaMe7R.png

Interesting.. This map was originally in UDMF and converted to Boom so I wonder if that has something to do with it. What Sourceport/version are you running it in? I will take a look at this tonight

17 hours ago, Soulless said:

Came across some weird stuff on MAP12: Sunny day in Hell

Couldnt kill these cyberdemons:

Reveal hidden contents

xJaMe7R.png

There isn't any reason I can tell that this would break in GZDoom, but that's GZDoom for you. The wad is targeted for sourceports that are actually boom compatible, and I don't think I want to bother checking 83 maps for GZDoom compatibility. I'd recommend running this on DSDA-Doom which you can find here: https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom

8 hours ago, Meowgi said:

There isn't any reason I can tell that this would break in GZDoom, but that's GZDoom for you. The wad is targeted for sourceports that are actually boom compatible, and I don't think I want to bother checking 83 maps for GZDoom compatibility. I'd recommend running this on DSDA-Doom which you can find here: https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom

iirc during my own testing there are maps that slow GZDoom to a literal stop-motion animation of about 1 frame a sec anyway. Not sure if that's specifically my settings or if it would play better on someone else's rig, but there you go. DSDA-Doom is what this is designed for

Edited by Altima

15 hours ago, Meowgi said:

Interesting.. This map was originally in UDMF and converted to Boom so I wonder if that has something to do with it. What Sourceport/version are you running it in? I will take a look at this tonight

Ye, playing on Gzdoom 4.10. Already on map 17 and havent encountered any other issues.

I will try dsda-doom if I came across any other bug. Fun stuff gotta say!

We're off to idgames! Thanks to everyone who played and streamed the wad! See you next year for Junkfood 3 <3

Now on idgames!

Thanks to everyone who mapped, playtested, played, and simply consumed this wad! See you all in January for more Junkfood!

Nice, looking forward to the MAP99 demos!

The nodes on MAP01 seem to be messed up though (look around with software rendering).

4 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Nice, looking forward to the MAP99 demos!

The nodes on MAP01 seem to be messed up though (look around with software rendering).

This was noted last night and an update has been pushed. Surprisingly rebuilding the nodes didn't desync any of the existing demos for MAP01. Thanks for the heads up tho