Vestibule (My first Map)

Fun. Played though on UV and ammo scarcity made it pretty challenging. Take that with a grain of salt though because I was playing on my phone.

Felt more like a Doom 1 level than Doom 2 to me with just the regular shotgun and chaingun. But I prefer doom 1 levels anyway :p

Great work for a first map

In ultraviolence, your best bet is usually leaving the pinkies alive until you can lower the shotgunner platform, because otherwise you risk running out of ammo.
I could have probably made it a doom 1 wad, but I wanted chaingunners for the vantage points.

Edited by GrnKnght

2 minutes ago, Delisk said:

Not bad at all for a first map.

Good layout good encounter design, really nothing wrong with it.

//Now that's a much nicer starting sidearm..

22 minutes ago, Delisk said:

Thanks! The mod you're using in that video does have somewhat more powerful weapons than the map was balanced for, but I am glad you found it fun. 

(If I post another version, I should change par time a bit. 1:10 was the minimum time I got on UV.)

Edited by GrnKnght

5 hours ago, Delisk said:

Man, I want that mod !

19 hours ago, GrnKnght said:

hardware render gives me migraines.

Lol!!

18 hours ago, IvanDobsky said:

Fun. Played though on UV and ammo scarcity made it pretty challenging. Take that with a grain of salt though because I was playing on my phone.

Well, I had to; the toaster was busy making my airline reservations...

EDIT:

This WAS fun. The balance is excellent, the traps were sneaky but not obscure. Keep

doing this stuff! This was on UV, first try, which is odd for me. I usually try EVERYTHING

out on HMP and it's the default on my Zandronum but can't seem to remember what I

was thinking when I chose UV this time? Maybe I was just in the mood to kickass or

have my ass kicked, hmm....

Screenshot_Doom_20230830_144528.png.2f9547c3ce2a51e2344b35e2610da07b.png

Edited by prfunky
added screenshot

Thanks a lot everyone! Your feedback really means so much to me, and I feel encouraged to make more maps in the future.

Edited by GrnKnght

Fun little map you've got there. Tried to demo-record my first go around with your map but didn't manage to get that to work. But if you wish to know how it went, I caught a lot of stray bullets and was at low health basically right from the beginning. Just enough health to tide you over in case you fuck up but not too much as to take out any challenge. Good job on that.

This is a good level. I knew when I saw the chaingun right at the start that someone knew what they were doing (I hate the pistol and am glad to replace it as fast as possible).

I have no complaints here. It's just a well-paced, fun and good-looking map. Good job!

Edited by Kwisior

Nice first map, truly - ahead of the usual curve from beginners I see - most impressed by raising steps bud raising steps!

The worst part is I have no raising steps in my upcoming megawad which I'm half done but I have idea for GLORIOUS raising steps

anywho getting guns from ledges is cool - multiple point key door entry is nice too - putting some decisions in my hand

that poor caco cage man what was his life - or why was he focal point of room? Those other monsters were just watching him dance weren't they

g2g KFC hotwings r here

Nice.

only one note, you can get soft blocked on the second area, the one with the three nuke sectors that have the lowering barriers.

from the stair you can jump on the barriers and drop on the nuke without scape 

20 hours ago, RED77 said:

Nice.

only one note, you can get soft blocked on the second area, the one with the three nuke sectors that have the lowering barriers.

from the stair you can jump on the barriers and drop on the nuke without scape 

Thanks. I must have missed that. (and apparently the window into the chaingun area is too tall, it can let you through without the switch.)