10 LINE GENOCIDE: The Biggest Smallest Community Project Ever [Boom, UMAPINFO, DSDA-Doom recommended, now on IdGames!!]

On 9/15/2023 at 12:42 AM, NiGHTS108 said:

Update Update: I managed to fix E3M18 by just moving one vertice ever so slightly to the left, I'm not even sure what happened but it seems like there was just some kind of freak accident with that map that weirdly causes it to completely break no matter what running it on DSDA with a widescreen patch, I'm not sure, but the point is it's fixed now.

I guess esoteric knowledge is sometimes needed in the field of Doom bug fixing!

E2M06 update

try Force 2.1a.zip

UMAPINFO needs to be changed to

bossaction = Fatso, 45, 666
    bossaction = Arachnotron, 11, 0

I would like someone to test it, to se if there are any technical issues or if the ending is to abrupt.

3 hours ago, Blue Phoenix said:

E2M06 update

try Force 2.1a.zip

UMAPINFO needs to be changed to

bossaction = Fatso, 45, 666
    bossaction = Arachnotron, 11, 0

I would like someone to test it, to se if there are any technical issues or if the ending is to abrupt.

Those should be updated now

On 9/3/2023 at 7:52 PM, Ar_e_en said:

With this map: I don't think that you can UVMAX it either, however - I don't think that this was by design. I think that the Author intended you to be able to grab the BFG, so you could blast the Cybie, but you can't pick up the BFG. I'm not sure about this one, might need conformation from the author.

oh good call. nodes got rebuilt in the compiled version probably and the map obviously broke. here's the original (working) file 

1line.zip

Episode 5 playthroughs, maps 01-45 below... no final level, yet.

I'm kind of fighting above my weight so to speak in some of the maps, especially in later parts of the wad, where I needed a bit of 'advantage' like slo-mo or rewind-scumming in some of the maps, and there were several I had to skip anyway due to lack of consistency in my gameplay. That being said, even just trying to tackle and figure them out was very fun experience. I did max the "Light Pillar...", even if wasn't able to get keys due to collision issues (mentioned also above in the thread) it was an interesting map for sure. :) 

Regarding the change of stbar between maps 4 and 5, I actually played a few maps of e5 first to test/try out then later returned after I committed to play the whole wad (start of e5 and e1 was with RC2.0, from e2 onwards it was with RC2.1), and was a bit lazy not wanting to rerecord. 

Spoiler

edit: added map 46 (on ITYTD, lol)

Spoiler

Edited by DemoGorgonZola

• 1 month later...

I think the changes to E2M06 broke it, I was playing it right before I re-downloaded RC2.1 from the link in the first post and now it's missing textures. Really cool wad though, I'm excited to see it get torn up by speedrunners once it is final.

Edited by JMM

On 10/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, JMM said:

I think the changes to E2M06 broke it, I was playing it right before I re-downloaded RC2.1 from the link in the first post and now it's missing textures. Really cool wad though, I'm excited to see it get torn up by speedrunners once it is final.

Seems Slade ran into an accident optimising textures as I noticed that map was using textures that weren't in the wad. Oh well, fixed now!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 4:30 PM, NiGHTS108 said:

Seems Slade ran into an accident optimising textures as I noticed that map was using textures that weren't in the wad. Oh well, fixed now!

I retextured the map, so if you just dropped it in that would cause the issue,  I didn't think to mention it.  I download the most recent RC to see if my other map updates cause issues, but they weren't updated at all, I think you missed my previous post.

On 9/15/2023 at 6:33 PM, Blue Phoenix said:

blue Phoenix update.zip

Updates for

-e1m22 Hell Hole

-e2m28 Deltoid of Death

-e4m27 Keen to Survive

I'm planning a more involved update to E2m06 Try Force

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Ar_e_en said:

Any updates on an idgames release?

I've been thinking about it a little more, will probably stop map edits from being made now since everything seems pretty nicely in order yet there's still two things I want to do before IdGames, specifically pasting in some multiplayer starts to every map and making title patches, I've already gotten started on the first thing

Played a bit of this sometime ago and had lots of fun. Map07 of the first wad blew me away with how simple but tight the combat was. 

1 hour ago, NiGHTS108 said:

I've been thinking about it a little more, will probably stop map edits from being made now since everything seems pretty nicely in order yet there's still two things I want to do before IdGames, specifically pasting in some multiplayer starts to every map and making title patches, I've already gotten started on the first thing

Can't wait for the idg release!

5 hours ago, NiGHTS108 said:

for the idgames release, would all the separate episode wads be compiled into a single wad file with umapinfo to group the maps into episodes, or they would remain as separate wad files?

7 hours ago, rita remton said:

for the idgames release, would all the separate episode wads be compiled into a single wad file with umapinfo to group the maps into episodes, or they would remain as separate wad files?

They’d still be separate, the reason they were separate in the first place is I don’t believe you can easily warp to every map in a wad with over 99 maps on DSDA-Doom so I had to compromise

Looking forward to the idgames release. Hope you check maps aren't broken by having the nodes rebuilt when you add multiplayer starts (adding them shouldn't require a rebuild but your editor might do it anyway). El Inferno's maps and iirc one by brendondle will break after a rebuild, it's possible others will too, worth going over them in DSDA to make sure.

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

FINALLY, after many, many months, 10 Line Genocide is on IdGames! Only differences between this and RC2.1 is now there’s multiplayer starts for every single map, and I went into the UMAPINFOs and added the author for every map. Sorry it took so long!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/10line

Also, if you come at me with any updates for any maps at this point, you will be permanently banned from ever working with me on anything Doom related. You had almost 18 months to find that. I’m only half kidding. Jokes aside though, I hope you all enjoy! 😄

Edited by NiGHTS108

Congrats on the release! May the speedrunning demo spam commence! :P

Okay for absolutely thoroughly unimaginable reasons probably to do with the fact that I'm pretty sure this wad is made out of pure evil energy that I have no control over, Some Of The Maps Are Broken, Again, not even maps that you'd think they Literally just had three more things placed into them and they broke, compiling this wad is extremely fun guys I promise, update to the IdGames version coming soon I guess 😭😭

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Also, if you come at me with any updates for any maps at this point, you will be permanently banned from ever working with me on anything Doom related. You had almost 18 months to find that. I’m only half kidding. Jokes aside though, I hope you all enjoy! 😄

but I sent an update here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2701905

and a reminder: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2728005

but the updates still hadn't gotten through.

Edited by Blue Phoenix
grammer

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

but I sent an update here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2701905

and a reminder: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2728005

but the updates still hadn't gotten through.

I am very sorry I missed that but there were a ton of things going on with this wad, it was really easy to miss stuff, to be perfectly honest I am quite sick of having to think about this thing and I'd rather just flush the toilet on it and get a Final Final version as soon as possible, this wad is very strange and I'm nervous doing anything to edit it will break about 500 things elsewhere, so they Might be included

Edited by NiGHTS108

6 hours ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Okay for absolutely thoroughly unimaginable reasons probably to do with the fact that I'm pretty sure this wad is made out of pure evil energy that I have no control over, Some Of The Maps Are Broken, Again, not even maps that you'd think they Literally just had three more things placed into them and they broke, compiling this wad is extremely fun guys I promise, update to the IdGames version coming soon I guess 😭😭

Which maps are broken? Does it include brendondle's and el inferno's maps?

Thank you for the idgames release though, I'm glad it's on there, even if certain maps are broken. It's better than having the wad be in limbo forever.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billa said:

Which maps are broken? Does it include brendondle's and el inferno's maps?

E2M22 and E2M44 at the very least, as far as other maps all of E1 is definitely okay and E3 is I think mostly okay . . . For the really scuffed endgame maps I took extra care to make sure they’re functioning, so hopefully all of E5 is fine, working on finding all the broken maps then getting one last update to IdGames then never thinking about this wad ever again

Edited by NiGHTS108

Ayy!

Nice that this is out now on idgames! I checked my maps (including my segment in the final map of Episode 5) and I found no faults, so things appear to be fine on that end.

• 4 weeks later...

About a month late but grats on finally releasing this as it was also fun making 5 silly quick maps for it from my end 🥳🎉

Posted (edited)

Is that really a different PLAYPAL per episode? How is that done?

EDIT: Explained

Edited by Scorcher

On 6/12/2024 at 8:31 PM, Scorcher said:

Is that really a different PLAYPAL per episode? How is that done?

All of the episodes are entirely different wads

On 6/13/2024 at 11:48 PM, NiGHTS108 said:

All of the episodes are entirely different wads

Yeah that makes sense, the description and UMAPINFO support made me assume it was just one. Thanks!

On 5/14/2024 at 1:07 PM, NiGHTS108 said:

... as far as other maps all of E1 is definitely okay ...

I realize I'm a little too late on this, but I noticed that on the IdGames release my map E1M46 has become somewhat broken. Comparing with my submitted version, I noticed that a vertex has gone missing in the IdGames version. Not sure if you rebuilt the nodes or something else, but a couple of the walls don't work right in it anymore.