Box Doom - Community Project [Slots Filled]

32 minutes ago, Cutman 999 said:

Send screenshot, I don't know if that is in the actually compiled version of the wad or in the individual map itself. What you mean on "weirdly shaped rock formation"? Is that supposed to be the rectangle before the start or what? I was playtesting the map alone and didn't find absolutely anything.

Qn2IL2k.png

This little corner besides the door here. The Hall of mirrors is behind the stairs, and the softblock is behind the imp and the medikit. If this is not your map, then I'm sorry. 

Edited by DoomGappy

15 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Qn2IL2k.png

This little corner besides the door here. The Hall of mirrors is behind the stairs, and the softblock is behind teh imp and the medikit. If this is not your map, then I'm sorry. 

Ok, I didn't found the hall of mirrors like at all, but I deleted that weird piece of geometry so there's no possibility of softlocks, just now I found you can kind of glide there. Here's an edit of what was sent to me months ago, if the tags work incorrectly in the compiling process that's on the people compiling, not me.

BOX16_Cutman999_BlindChaos-Edit.zip

10 minutes ago, Cutman 999 said:

Ok, I didn't found the hall of mirrors like at all, but I deleted that weird piece of geometry so there's no possibility of softlocks, just now I found you can kind of glide there. Here's an edit of what was sent to me months ago, if the tags work incorrectly in the compiling process that's on the people compiling, not me.

BOX16_Cutman999_BlindChaos-Edit.zip

I think there might have been some problems with the tags in the previous compilation, but it's being solved. Thanks for resubmitting it.

4 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

I think your room is flipped. Room 50 is supposed to go like this, so I'd have to mirror it.

Odd, I used the template exactly as provided. In any case, feel free to flip it (make sure the scrolling sewage is still moving in the same direction out from the corner though)

15 hours ago, LSC Lasico said:

While you’re at it, can you please rename box 77 (my third box, called “Amania Protectorste”) into “Amania Anomaly” pls?

Forgot to Reply to this. Yes, it's possible.

Edited by DoomGappy

7 hours ago, Wavy said:

Odd, I used the template exactly as provided. In any case, feel free to flip it (make sure the scrolling sewage is still moving in the same direction out from the corner though)

I'll still confirm if I'm correct ot not, It's a bit hard to understand another peson's work without being able to talk to them. I'll talk to the leads and try to understand it.

11 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

And here is my list of inquiries so far:

@No-Man Baugh, @DynamiteKaitorn and @Matt Eldrydge, your boxes seem to have been mixed a little. I'd appreciate if you could resend them here in the topic. This is what boxes 06, 07 and 08 look like now (The box with a V is box 5, I'm counting them from 5 to 5)

@Matt Eldrydge, Box 08 allows for no backtracking. That will probably not be a big problem since we'll have a hub, but if you want to change this, we can do it too. The secret without any tells feels a bit weird but that's just my personal opinion.
@Cutman 999, Box 16 has a Hall of mirrors (untextured back of stairs) and a Softblock (behind the same stairs). It also has a weirdly shaped rock formation after the door that I don't know if is necessary to the map or not. 
@scientifikgenius, Box 22 seems to have been reshaped to fit the map progression. I don't know if you agreed to that, but here is what it looks like now. 
@Dragonfly, your Box 36 is not working correctly. I think I understood how it works, but couldn't really fix it on my end. If possible, can you resubmit it using only tags 360-369? Thanks in advance.
@Djoga, box 38 has the same problem as Dragonfly's box.  Can you resubmit it using only tags 380-389?
@DankMetal, Box 40 had a Hall of mirrors effect if the player raised the passing platform and lowered the rocky platform. It was fixed.
@No-Man Baugh, Box 52 doesn't appear to work correctly. I have loaded OTEX, CC4Tex and Doom 2, but the textures don't appear. Can you resend it to me?
@crug, in Box 78, the room appears to be pasted backwards. The switch that lowers the platform with the super shotgun can be improved a little if you allow it. I think a single double sided linedef feels weird, best to make a physical floating button. 

That is all I have noticed for now. I've spent a long time putting most of the boxes on the same level and I'm playing the map with no monsters to check if the mechanics work properly. Updates coming soon. 

An update on this post is that I'm combing over the thread and redownloading all of the boxes to double check things, so some of you might not need to resubmit anything. I'll post an update to it again later.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Djoga said:

I sent this edit to BlindChaos before they disappeared
There shouldn't be any issues there
BOX13,14&38_Djoga_BlindChaos-Edit_2.zip

Thanks for that, they have been added and seem to be working properly. 

Another update with some questions and answers. First of all, we'll make some adjustments to accomodate the corner boxes that were sent as straight boxes. This way we can respect the mappers' work while still finishing the project correctly. 

Some questions:
@Jakub Majewski, box 18 needs to conform to tag standards. You need to use only tags 180 to 189. I tried fixing it on my end but I got too confused by it.
@BlazedMaps box 61 is mirrored. The player should go right, but the door of the box is to the left. Can we mirror it?
@No-Man Baugh I've figured why Box 52 had a texture problem, you used the Project Make STARTAN Look Not So Default Again textures. It's been noted and will be fixed. While I was fixing all the box height offsets, I unfortunately messed up the dummy sector that controls the bridge. I'll need your help later to fix that for me when possible. 
@tornado potato, Box 66 has a soft lock due to the torch. in the little room with the buttons. I felt like the elevators were a bit slow too, but I haven't played this box particularly extensive. 

@crug you don't need to do anything, your box was incorrectly oriented and has been fixed. Sorry to bother. 

Thanks in advance to all the mappers. 

Edited by DoomGappy

Posted (edited)

@LSC Lasico you made boxes 75, 76 and 77, right? They look amazing, although I still haven't played them. I think there was a problem with the last two boxes, specially the last one. There seems to be some textures mixing and some misalignent. Can you resend the latest file with these boxes?

yFwnI4H.png

olP8OMb.png

Edited by DoomGappy

Posted (edited)

@Wavy, I mirrored yoru box to comply with the rest of the grid. You may find it weird once it's released since you designed it to be the other way around.

Edited by DoomGappy

Posted (edited)

Glad to see this up and active again.

It was a really ambitious idea to compile especially for someone relatively new to mapping.

Been there, done that.

Edited by Raith138

2 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

@LSC Lasico you made boxes 75, 76 and 77, right? They look amazing, although I still haven't played them. I think there was a problem with the last two boxes, specially the last one. There seems to be some textures mixing and some misalignent. Can you resend the latest file with these boxes?

yFwnI4H.png

olP8OMb.png

There's supposed to be an additional texture pack that was provided in the original post. Apparently, it is not there anymore, so youll have to find it yourself. It was called MISLNDA pr something iirc.

Just now, LSC Lasico said:

There's supposed to be an additional texture pack that was provided in the original post. Apparently, it is not there anymore, so youll have to find it yourself. It was called MISLNDA pr something iirc.

Actually, no, the box is straight up fucked up. Its fine on my end, so it may be some glitches caused by copying it. I can't do anything about it unless you send me the box doom wad file so i could fix it manually.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, LSC Lasico said:

Was it this one? MSNLSDA? I'm stitching up all the textures inside a wad already to see if there's anything missing. 

28 minutes ago, LSC Lasico said:

Actually, no, the box is straight up fucked up. Its fine on my end, so it may be some glitches caused by copying it. I can't do anything about it unless you send me the box doom wad file so i could fix it manually.

I'll do that later, I still have to check some more things for now. I'll send you a DM soon.

Edited by DoomGappy

1 minute ago, DoomGappy said:

Was it this one? MSNLSDA? I'm stitching up all the textures inside a wad already to see if there's anything missing. 

Yes, it was named that, iirc.

@DoomGappy The ordering of Map 06 thru 08 looks fine to me from the screenshot, but if you need, here's the most recent version of my Map 06 (The Owning) that HalfBlind re-tagged in DMs:

BOX06_No-ManBaugh.zip

And yes, I used Project Make Startan Look Not So Default Again v1.0.1 for nearly the entirety of Box 52: A Bridge Too Tan. I was even the reason why it's at v1.0.1 because the switch anims didn't work in Boom. here's the version Halfblind also edited bundled with MSTLNSDA 1.0.1:

BOX52-aBridgeTooTan.zip

And if need be: here's the version of BOX 27 that HalfBlind helped me update:
BOX27_No-ManBaugh_BlindChoas-Edit-fix.zip

10 minutes ago, No-Man Baugh said:

@DoomGappy The ordering of Map 06 thru 08 looks fine to me from the screenshot, but if you need, here's the most recent version of my Map 06 (The Owning) that HalfBlind re-tagged in DMs:

BOX06_No-ManBaugh.zip

And yes, I used Project Make Startan Look Not So Default Again v1.0.1 for nearly the entirety of Box 52: A Bridge Too Tan. I was even the reason why it's at v1.0.1 because the switch anims didn't work in Boom. here's the version Halfblind also edited bundled with MSTLNSDA 1.0.1:

BOX52-aBridgeTooTan.zip

And if need be: here's the version of BOX 27 that HalfBlind helped me update:
BOX27_No-ManBaugh_BlindChoas-Edit-fix.zip

I'll try to add these asap and check that I don't wreck the dummy sectors that control the bridge again. Thank you very much!

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

I'll try to add these asap and check that I don't wreck the dummy sectors that control the bridge again. Thank you very much!

Thanks man, It's great to see this project saved and continued to the bitter end

All I ask is that you keep the dummy sector as far away from the box as possible so you don't hear it when the bridge raises and lowers

Edited by No-Man Baugh

1 hour ago, No-Man Baugh said:

Thanks man, It's great to see this project saved and continued to the bitter end

All I ask is that you keep the dummy sector as far away from the box as possible so you don't hear it when the bridge raises and lowers

I think I'm going to have you to work on your room on the final file, just like LSC Lasico. I think yours might be simple so I'll send it to you via DMs. 

Just now, DoomGappy said:

I think I'm going to have you to work on your room on the final file, just like LSC Lasico. I think yours might be simple so I'll send it to you via DMs. 

Sounds good!

Please drop my slot for MAP73. Also, anyone else who wants to improve my previously submitted maps is welcome.

1 hour ago, taufan99 said:

Please drop my slot for MAP73.

I have two spare/bonus boxes (search for XX and XY), they were proposed as possible “secret boxes” back then. Wouldn't mind offering one of them for slot 73, preferably XX. Both are featuring archviles.

Greetings from a train to Berlin.

3 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Please drop my slot for MAP73. Also, anyone else who wants to improve my previously submitted maps is welcome.

These are your boxes 23 and 24, right?

SOEksft.png

1 hour ago, Grizzly Old B said:

I have two spare/bonus boxes (search for XX and XY), they were proposed as possible “secret boxes” back then. Wouldn't mind offering one of them for slot 73, preferably XX. Both are featuring archviles.

Greetings from a train to Berlin.

I think I have them here somewhere. Let me clear up the ones that I still am not sure where they belong and add more boxes to the grid before doing that. 

5 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

Yep!

I'll test the mechanics to see if they work well, but I'll tell you about any tweaks that were made. 

2 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

I'll test the mechanics to see if they work well, but I'll tell you about any tweaks that were made. 

No problem, I'll be happy to hear more from you.

I don't see my box in your wad. Maybe that's because I submitted it after submissions were closed as a reserve box, should one of the other participants drop out. I posted the link in an earlier post on this thread, but I'll do it again here.

lefancy.zip

7 minutes ago, Hydrus said:

I don't see my box in your wad. Maybe that's because I submitted it after submissions were closed as a reserve box, should one of the other participants drop out. I posted the link in an earlier post on this thread, but I'll do it again here.

lefancy.zip

I've been prioritizing figuring out which boxes were submitted, if there are any necessary adaptations needed to them, and what slots are vacant. I've saved it here together with the other extra boxes and I'll update the thread with info regarding them later on in the process. 

Posted (edited)

Update: adding more and more boxes. Almost all the ones that were on the main file are implemented. I need some help identifying these boxes. 

Im3RudM.jpeg

JLElOJg.jpeg

tVABwta.jpeg

Efi78tl.jpeg

TemNefN.jpeg

wi7xoGq.jpeg

OSkSJ0o.jpeg

4dpAxuA.jpeg

Edited by DoomGappy