NaNoWADMo 2023 - The month-long mapping challenge!

I'm in for the third year in a row! This time, I actually have a plan I've been meaning to work on . . . . Hopefully something gets released this year heh

Does it count if you still have an ongoing project from before and just want to add another map into it it or you have to create something that's not connected to anything you have thus far? I might begin a map on October 1st and try and finish it until October 31st in a way for instance, but that will be a map for my own "epic". (Supposedly it's gonna be a concept themed map nonetheless.) 

15 hours ago, spd7693 said:

Does it count if you still have an ongoing project from before and just want to add another map into it it or you have to create something that's not connected to anything you have thus far? I might begin a map on October 1st and try and finish it until October 31st in a way for instance, but that will be a map for my own "epic". (Supposedly it's gonna be a concept themed map nonetheless.) 

It counts if you want it to count.

Count me in. I started a project for nanowadmo about 4 years ago, but I never finished it. This year I'll try to finally tie up all the loose ends and publish something.

I am in. I have a mapping block and will take a break until October then to stew some ideas. But I am aiming for a humble contribution - perhaps 2 maps.

Whilst I probably won’t make a bespoke level this time, I will plan to finish a couple of solo projects that are close to completion, if that is okay of course.

Count me in! Started mapping for the first time a few months ago and have been hooked on it ever since. Sounds like a fun project to further my addiction. :)

On 9/15/2023 at 8:29 PM, scwiba said:

You're also encouraged to share your work as you go! NaNoWADMo-ers and spectators will be giving feedback and cheering you on both in this thread and over at the Discord

How often do spectators cheer people on? I'd be shocked if people are even barely excited for my wad. 

Edit: I accidentally quoted hidden contents and I don't know how to delete it. Plz help. 

Edited by DoomGuy999

So as part of NaNoWADmo 2023 I decided to finish up at least one project I started earlier this year, possibly two or maybe even three.

First on this list: Finish the "director's cut" of Exit The Gecko. Those of you who played the RAMP 2023 prototype version of this (https://ramp2023.teamouse.net/ map 38) are already familiar with the bottom right part of the map, aka The Red Zone. I had two more zones planned for this map: The Green Zone (bottom left) and The Blue Zone (top). That would make this family of linedeflizards complete.
Progress so far since RAMP2023: Cleared out all the RAMP edition only stuff and fleshing out the Green Zone. It was already 65% fleshed out but now a little bit more. Improved lighting and added a few monster encounters that I like. It is close to done now, which will give me plenty of time to ponder about The Blue Zone when this project officially starts.

NaNoProgress_day0B.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_13.png