[NOW RELEASED!] [9 maps for Doom 2] The Craven

On 3/8/2024 at 9:09 AM, Maribo said:

It is the same process as uploading to idgames normally, except you specify what the upload is an update for in the "Update to:" field of the txt file. ie:

Update to : thecraven.wad

You can even just wholesale copy the original txt and update that line (but also remember to update it in the zip as well).

Cheers again, hope to see more from you in the future. :)

Thank you! I didn't post in here when I made the update, but it has been done. The Spiders and ArchVile have now been moved, and so has the Revenant in the final level.

8 hours ago, LSC Lasico said:

Hello! I would like to point out that the waterfall tecture in this wad is not animated. I dunno if it's because of a port (I use nugget doom) or its the fault of this wad, but it is something to consider.

Screenshot_53.png

in map02 there is also a bug where when you try to get the ssg secret, the secret itself consists of three secret tagged sectors, two of which are unreachable, making this map impossible to 100% secret.

Good find with Map02! I had no idea.

I've fixed these secrets now, and also noticed that the secret holding the Supercharge also had two secret sectors, so I've fixed those as well.

The waterfall hasn't moved since release, it's definitely not a problem with your port but my wad. I've tried to fix it but haven't been able to. If I remember correctly, the textures are present for the animation but it just wont animate.

2 hours ago, CravenCoyote said:

The waterfall hasn't moved since release, it's definitely not a problem with your port but my wad. I've tried to fix it but haven't been able to. If I remember correctly, the textures are present for the animation but it just wont animate.

If I understand this correctly, you must use a special lump named "animated" for that. i never used it myself, but here's a link to the doomwiki. Maybe you will find how to do it. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/ANIMATED

Blasted through it in about an hour. It's a fun little map set, its strength is in simplicity. I like how you emulated various styles and visuals and it works well.

2 issues:

- some of the secret sectors in the first few maps are stacked on top of each other, and one in MAP02 is frustrating to trigger;

- I had some problems with monster closets in maps 7, 8, and 9, some remained closed and even stifled progression (e.g. the arch-vile alcove with the blue skull key in MAP07 remained closed). I'm running DSDA-Doom on complevel 2;

Other than that great job!

1 hour ago, DreadWanderer said:

Blasted through it in about an hour. It's a fun little map set, its strength is in simplicity. I like how you emulated various styles and visuals and it works well.

2 issues:

- some of the secret sectors in the first few maps are stacked on top of each other, and one in MAP02 is frustrating to trigger;

- I had some problems with monster closets in maps 7, 8, and 9, some remained closed and even stifled progression (e.g. the arch-vile alcove with the blue skull key in MAP07 remained closed). I'm running DSDA-Doom on complevel 2;

Other than that great job!

Thanks for your feedback! 

Do you mind if I ask when you downloaded the map set? The reason I ask is because both of those issues should be resolved. Are you running any other wads alongside?

33 minutes ago, CravenCoyote said:

Thanks for your feedback! 

Do you mind if I ask when you downloaded the map set? The reason I ask is because both of those issues should be resolved. Are you running any other wads alongside?

Hi, I downloaded it today. I'm not running anything else.

i experienced the same issue as dreadwanderer about map02

having 3 secret sectors in the same secret room seems like overkill anyway

2 hours ago, DreadWanderer said:

Hi, I downloaded it today. I'm not running anything else.

Thank you, did you download from idgames or Doomworld?

If Doomworld, I may have uploaded the wrong version and will need to check when I get home. If idgames, the updated was probably hasn't been processed yet so it'll be the initial release prior to the bug fixes

50 minutes ago, TMMMS said:

i experienced the same issue as dreadwanderer about map02

having 3 secret sectors in the same secret room seems like overkill anyway

It's a mistake from my mapping, should only be one secret, not three. If you downloaded via idgames then it probably hasn't been updated on their side yet. If you downloaded via Doomworld then I've uploaded the wrong version and will need to resolve when I get home

OK, just done some checking. The version on Doomworld is correct and shouldn't have any bugs.

However, the idgames version has not been updated yet, and still includes the bugs from launch.

I've updated the links in the OP to make this clearer for anyone downloading in future :)

Posted (edited)

Edit:

--- wrong flipping thread lmao ---

Edited by Wo0p
Im a dumb-dumb