DBP62: Haunting Hollow

50 minutes ago, brightentayle said:

Completed the whole thing today (and caught up to nearly every DBP to ever be released). Among other things, noticed MAP04 has a bridge locking up (for no legitimate reason) after you get the last key.

That, and MAP07, at least when I tried to run it through RetroArch (so lr-prboom, the shitty port) had one missing texture and one missing flat at the same spot. Funnily enough, even though it has UMAPINFO support, I saw a text screen with "THE END" before said level popped up.

425136499_DBP62-HauntingHollow-231005-231433.png.1b0bc07a13a2a258c87f7e67d64762cf.png

494459263_DBP62-HauntingHollow-231005-231321.png.6ab8a489117b422e95c5a94a44bf726a.png

Thanks for this, especially the bridge stuff (that's on MAP05 btw). I'm currently in the process of UV maxing this DBP and found another thing in MAP05: a floating armor bonus that is unreachable in the blue keycard area. After moving it a few units in UDB it returned to the floor so that would be an easy fix to implement in future versions. I don't know how to solve the issue with the bridge but I haven't investigated it much.

Edited by DreadWanderer

Hey guys, sorry to bother you again. Any ideas on how to reach this secret on MAP10? I've managed to get to the other tricky ones with an arch-vile jump and some ledge walking, but this one stumps me. I thought the blood stain and/or the Doomguy corpse would be a hint for a secret passage, but there isn't one. I've also tried wall running but it doesn't work. Screenshots attached.

Edit: Yeah nevermind I'm stupid. It's rocket jumping, that's what the megasphere is for. :D

greenfairy1.png

greenfairy2.png

Edited by DreadWanderer

Hello again folks. Back with my UV max single seg adventure through Haunting Hollow. Playlist:

Very tasty, I have a lot of praise for it. Sometimes quirky, sometimes has a dark sense of humor, sometimes both. Always flavorful and beautiful. Yum!

Here's the raw footage of me playing through maps 1-3. I gotta say, very great maps!!!! The actual RPD episode will come out later today.

(Also yes I know I used resurrect, its called me forgetting to save)

And here is the full RPD episode!!! More story-heavy than usual since I wanted to put those SM64 models to the test, but it is still the same old humorous review and fake live let's play you all know and (hopefully) love. So yeah, have a happy watch, I'll see you next for RPD34!!! (I already have a great idea of what to review...)

Really nice ratchetting up difficulty curve, didn't feel like any of the traps or ambushes were particularly unfair, nice coherent look to everything, just very appreciated.  Special mention to MAP04: "Sinking Tower of Jdjrklgufitwhtyugofplmuilginsynopdkzdnhtmksld♥ugngdmdjsdrbfnunrkdyvmfdck" because it was just a really nice simple concept well executed and something about it made me go "oooh yes this is strong design".

Hello, few harmless oddities you might find helpful:

Spoiler

- Map 04, the SSG appeared hanging on the ceiling for me, though nothing to worry about since I eventually grabbed it

- Map 06, skinny slime trail coming out of the scissors 

- Map 08, first of all, ddtblu is so out of place lemme tell you, I needed to idmus06 in a hurry because damn. Petition to change to something else, whether from Blood or anything that isn't iwad midis... Second, midtex on line 4390 bleeds through the floor, noticeable in software mode.

- Map 09, in the eastern whole area, the ammo pillars that share sector 240 lowered to a certain point but not enough for myself to be able to catch the ammo. They are targeting the highest floor, and that's the bigger octagonal platforms, so some tinkering could be done there. There was still plentiful ammo to clear the fight, so this didn't represent a major obstacle for my case. 

Ah, another thing. In crispy-doom, for whatever reason I'm unaware of, candelabras aren't rendered visually on my end. See, this is a place in map 03 where you should theoretically see one on each corner. They are there, just invisible. This doesn't happen in dsda-doom, and I'm not loading any external dehacked or anything that may mess up with sprites, so idk what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, v1.3.1 is here: v1.3.1

This should fix a majority of the outstanding bugs as well as provide more diverse MAPINFO support (and also features a new CWILV for MAP04).

Apologies for not getting this up sooner, was busy and also took a little vacation.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:55 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Are you guys planning on doing another Christmas DBP for this year?

I don't know what the plans for DBP64 are but my guess is probably not. I'm thinking DBP64 will probably come out sometime next year (I assume in February).

Edited by matador
didn't want to double-post.

8 hours ago, matador said:

OK, v1.3.1 is here: v1.3.1

This should fix a majority of the outstanding bugs as well as provide more diverse MAPINFO support (and also features a new CWILV for MAP04).

Apologies for not getting this up sooner, was busy and also took a little vacation.

I don't know what the plans for DBP64 are but my guess is probably not. I'm thinking DBP64 will probably come out sometime next year (I assume in February).

Thanks a lot for this, is it going to be uploaded to idgames as well?

11 hours ago, DreadWanderer said:

Thanks a lot for this, is it going to be uploaded to idgames as well?

I need to go through and make sure we got all the reported bugs and I'll probably wait a bit to see if any more show up but the plan is to send it there when it's good to go.

• 2 months later...

The OP has been updated with v1.4: www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qaof2mxmdvots6vmybpak/DBP_62_v1.4.zip?rlkey=h8wsa8js17dvrnny3szpjap4e&dl=1

Changes:

Spoiler

- MAP04: Latest revision now works in cl2

- MAP06: Slime trails fixed

- Three attract mode demos

- COMPLVL lump added in

I might wait a bit to make sure there aren't any lingering bugs out there but this is probably good to go and will probably be headed to idgames in the near future.

Edited by matador
Fixed the link